A Wulf in Lion's Clothing - A Captive Ta 152H-1 +++FINISHED and RFI Posted+++

Superb finish Mark, and as always learning points along the way. A most entertaining WIP,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

An excellent finish Mark, well done.

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Thanks for following along, and more thanks for all of the offered tips, corrections and enhancements.

It's been a pleasure to have travelled along with you. An informative and inspiring build which will spur me to finish mine.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks great Mark, I like the weathering and your enterpretation of key details in the photos , I find that particularly fascinating and do like your almost forensic approach to this.  

Another great model , cracking work. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Chris

Thank you Chris.  I enjoy the deduction process, though I also like to try to find alternate viewpoints to the more conventional because… well, I don’t know why, I just do! :)

13 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

..looks like the photos of the real thing alright, nicely done!

Thank you! For me, no higher compliment.

12 hours ago, Dunny said:

Superb finish Mark, and as always learning points along the way. A most entertaining WIP,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger.  I sometimes think I need to include more on the how-I-do-things, particularly how I fix my screw ups.  Case in point, I should have shown how I fixed the rookie error glue mark on the canopy.

12 hours ago, Johnson said:

An excellent finish Mark, well done.

It's been a pleasure to have travelled along with you. An informative and inspiring build which will spur me to finish mine.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you, hope you do finish yours, and share it too.

9 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Absolutely superb, Mark.  It's been very enjoyable seeing you get her to the finishing line, and as always you've got a great result.

Thanks JRK, just about a month to complete a “quick and easy” filler project with [supposedly] no cockpit and much of the basic assembly already done…!

8 hours ago, Fritag said:

Enjoyable thread & terrific result.  Absolutely core BM that :D

Thanks.  Yes, the BM aspect is one that adds another highly satisfying element to my modelling.  This project would have been much the lesser without the help I received from the BM fraternity.

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

She is just beautiful Mark.

I am also nicking that barrel treatment. So effective.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, too bad the barrels are in the bin now! 

7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yep, Wot they all said. A great end result, and the journey has been both entertaining and educational.

Thanks Pete, the education and entertainment was mine as well.

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Brilliant Mark, that is superb.

Steve.

Very kind Steve, thanks.

When I’m feeling better I’ll take the glamour shots of the Wulf and post up the RFI.

But, since I’m still well under the weather today, aside from occasionally opening the box and looking at the sprues I haven’t even thought about the Wessex, which is next up.  I plan to run a WIP thread here as well as in the GB board but there may be some cross-posting and linking in order to do that.

Cheers.

Edited by mark.au
  • Like 5

Wow Mark, what an exquisite build. All the bits you built into this build are amazing. Looking at the images of there real aircraft, you ay be a tad too clean but hey, that is your interpretation of that. Congratulations.

Colin

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • mark.au changed the title to A Wulf in Lion's Clothing - A Captive Ta 152H-1 +++FINISHED and RFI Posted+++
  • 2 months later...