Fujimi Porsche 356B Roadster

This is my second build of a Fujimi 1/24 Porsche 356 kit. I built and posted a yellow coupe a while back and I assumed a second crack at this kit series would go smoother/ easier.....this one ended up just as challenging as the first! Despite some fit and alignment issues, I'm happy with the final result. I used an early sixties Ford factory base paint color for the ivory, "Corinthian White", from Scale Finishes after first spraying a Porsche Ivory base color which looked too yellow for my taste.  Tamiya acrylics were used for the red interior and remaining colors except for Alclad Chrome for the window frame and some other Alclad metallics in the engine area.  The instrument gage decals disintegrated due to age so I printed my own from some photos I found online from a gage rebuilder.  I made an error on the rear tail lights, the red should be outboard/ orange inboard and the convertible top cover came out a little too glossy.  Despite the challenges and frequent frustrations, I love these Fujimi 356 kits, they really capture the look of these classic "bathtub" Porsches.  I think it's these Fujimi Porsche wheels, they are the very best model kit wheels out there IMO. Cheers, John.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by nearsightedjohn
grammer
  • Like 39

That's a lovely model, great colour choice.

I quite fancy a Fujimi Porsche 356, so it's useful to know that they can be tricky kits.  But it looks like it's worth the effort.

Thank you so much all for the very kind responses! Even my wife likes this one! …..She has allowed me to park it next to a red 1/24 Revell XKE I built for her last year which has had the honor of being displayed in her antique doll collection cabinet (a place she says my planes, tanks and ships will never see 😟)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nearsightedjohn said:

Thank you so much all for the very kind responses! Even my wife likes this one! …..She has allowed me to park it next to a red 1/24 Revell XKE I built for her last year which has had the honor of being displayed in her antique doll collection cabinet (a place she says my planes, tanks and ships will never see 😟)

The moral of that story is forget the planes, forget the tanks, forget the ships and build more cars! :) Preferably to the standard of this one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...