John Travolta here in the UK to film The Shepherd

JohnT

• JohnT changed the title to John Travolta here in the UK to film The Shepherd
28 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Glad he's still working. Have to add a T to the title in his name.

Sorted - thanks

Funny you see what you expect to see at times and not what’s there 

3 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I do it all he time.

Just a teensy bit off topic but a good true one.  In the 90's I happened to casually look at a printed set of sales particulars for a house my firm was selling when they had just arrived back from the printers as I thought the house looked nice.  I spotted that the featured "newly installed modern white bathroom suite" actually had been printed as the  "newly installed modern shite bathroom suite" instead and had been missed in the proof reading !  I suppose w is near s on the keyboard or maybe it was a critical comment after all :D

• Haha 5

I listen to it every Christmas Eve.... usually the CBC "Fireside Al" reading, though from time to time the slightly longer Robert Powell BBC version. You could probably do it more or less in real time in a short film, though it's really the voiceover that makes it: first the thinking through what to do, and then the multiple different "explanations" for what might have happened... Come to think of it, there's very little actual dialogue.

best,

M.

17 hours ago, JohnT said:

He was spotted in a branch of the supermarket Morrisons and chatted away to staff.

It's one of those 'in the right place at the right time' moments,last year Tom Cruise needed to get to a meeting and because of covid restrictions i think it was a family lived near by with a field so ATC phoned them and asked if he could use it to land his helicopter,they said yes and the family met another legend...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

Its good to hear about aviation related celebrity's and Travolta must be one with his own airport outside his house ... lucky guy :) Lucky folk to meet him too at that supermarket too 👍

Local celebrity I see often in town here Elgin NE Scotland is Colin McGregor, brother of Ewan McGregor the actor, until recently Colin was in the RAF at local RAF Lossiemouth base flying GR4 Tornado's, retired now though, a Biker same as his more famous brother.

This pic is after Colin took Ewan up for a flight in his Tornado.

GettyImages-830805410.jpg?resize=865,452

• Like 4

Part of the filming for the John Travolta movie will be at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (home of the Just Jane restoration) where they have announced:

The Mosquito now has both her engines and is being cowled up ready for a starring role in a film which is being shot over night at the Centre next week with a well known Hollywood actor. 

• Like 5

• 8 months later...