beefy

On 21/07/2022 at 21:16, Courageous said:

where do they get these names from...

On 23/07/2022 at 15:58, beefy66 said:

You learn some new words on hear I must say.  :whistle:

:shrug: Could the Scrumpy have something to do with it :cheers:

Capping rail added

P1120704

Along with Taff rail and transit rail. I cut a new deeper taff rail to cover timber heads and transom trim.

P1120705

Rudder gets additional pintle & gudgeon above deck

P1120707

Dandy wink gets a Dandy Score (Scratch built). Roller fairlead for aft end of trawl beam

P1120709

P1120711

P1120712

P1120713

Current thoughts are having the Nisha dried out with beach legs and the Trawl beam resting on the the sand

Capture

Transom finished off with trim

P1120716

Thanks for the comments and likes

Stay safe

Kev

• Like 14

On 7/22/2022 at 4:16 AM, Courageous said:

love the 'dandy wink', where do they get these names from...

9 hours ago, longshanks said:

Dandy wink gets a Dandy Score

So if you give a dandy a wink you score? Got to agree with Stuart there, and thanks Beefy for the Dandy Wink explanation. One could really get the wrong idea here.

On a more serious note, this little vessel is looking very good here. All that woodwork is beautifully done and looks sublime. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, robgizlu said:

I like that tourquoise blue

Thanks Rob, thought I needed something to lighten it....

16 hours ago, robgizlu said:

though if it was Mumbles there should not be sand!

Oh dear!  Just had a look a look :shrug: Not very romantic, think Newlyn school here.....

Perhaps they could have gone to see the skippers Mum for tea at Tenby

Kev

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thought of you and couldn't resist snapping some pics of Mumbles "beaches" ;)

2022 08 15_3974

2022 08 15_3986

Just spent a week in Mumbles.  On a positive note we saw Porpoises off Caswell beach - the first Cetacean sighting for me during my long acqaintance with the Gower.  And lots of seals that are now clearly colonising the coast from Mumbles westwards, must be gettting cleaner.  Looked for pics of "Bees" in the Welsh National Waterfront Museum and also Swansea museum.  Sadly none and I am sad to report that both institutions are wretchedly dispapointing.

Carry on No 1........

• Like 3

It's plain to see you're missing work :rofl2:

Thank you for your research pics. Being from the Newlyn School I had something more like this in mind

St Ives Harbour

St Ives Harbour by W. G. Firth Royal Cornwall Hospital

3 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Looked for pics of "Bees" in the Welsh National Waterfront Museum and also Swansea museum.  Sadly none and I am sad to report that both institutions are wretchedly dispapointing.

Perhaps we've found a home for Nisha :shrug:

No progress for the last week, I've been wiped by the heat wave 🥵

Kev

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

... No progress for the last week, I've been wiped by the heat wave 🥵

Same here Kev.  Temps in the high 30's & low 40's with lots of humidity for the last month & a half.  Scary photos showing ridiculously low river & lake water levels, & wild fires in North America & Europe.

My model building has slowed down as the temps have gone up  (Hard to believe I know. since my build speed hasn't been too fast to start with). :blush: :giggle:

Putting Nisha in a diorama similar to the St. Ives pic would be very impressive.

Stay cool!

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, robgizlu said:

Looked for pics of "Bees" in the Welsh National Waterfront Museum and also Swansea museum.  Sadly none and I am sad to report that both institutions are wretchedly dispapointing.

The Maritime museum in Swansea is a big disappointment. I visited it a few years back to take a close look a beautiful model of the tanker "Esso Pembrokeshire" that had been moved from the museum in Cardiff. The model was fixed to brackets half way uo an end wall of the museum and all you could see, embarrassingly, was her "bottom". The whole place seemed to be a touristy, touch-screen amusement arcade for kids. I have been to a few other museums that have also dumbed down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tankerman said:

The Maritime museum in Swansea is a big disappointment. I visited it a few years back to take a close look a beautiful model of the tanker "Esso Pembrokeshire" that had been moved from the museum in Cardiff. The model was fixed to brackets half way uo an end wall of the museum and all you could see, embarrassingly, was her "bottom". The whole place seemed to be a touristy, touch-screen amusement arcade for kids. I have been to a few other museums that have also dumbed down.

This does seem to be the current trend, I recently visited a castle in France and instead of explaining its history, every display inside was from films LotR, G.O.T etc absolutely nothing factual. I get the impression the people in charge of these places, don't realise some of us can read.

Jon

Been a while...

Came to my attention that the kit supplied blocks were from the wrong era. They should be internal strapped. So....

The sides/sheaves built up in layers

P1120725

P1120728

and the ropes run

P1120729

Hook and eye formed

P1120734

The drill bit is o.5mm

P1120733

I had to anneal the hook to form it and wondered how to harden it. Gentle tapping work hardened it. Seems to work

P1120735

P1120737

Thanks for stopping by

Stay safe

Kev

• Like 12