1:48 Fairchild Republic Thunderbolt II - Warthog by GWH

Greg B

10 hours ago, Aigore said:

I got my Hog from Hobby East last week. I'm not that A-10 literate as to know what detailed they got wrong or right, but I'm thoroughly impressed by the engineering of the kit!

All seams are hidden in panellines, there is no middle seam, it's magically gone!

If this thing fits as well as I hope it does, the buildability rivals Tamiya.

The price tag, we'll....looking at the kit and the level of details it at least won't need aftermarket to enhance the details. Correction sets might be a different story but I feel confident in building it OOB and that's a big saving . Only thing I worry a bit about are the decals....we shall see

It will need aftermarket, the kit tires are flat. Which I feel is the biggest failure in the kit. Easy to replace though.

I worked Hornets and tires never looked liked how GWH depicts them.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 7:07 AM, Scooby said:

It will need aftermarket, the kit tires are flat. Which I feel is the biggest failure in the kit. Easy to replace though.

Flat tires are for "gears up" in-flight option - there are normal tires (not-so-flat) on the sprues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_stomach said:

Flat tires are for "gears up" in-flight option - there are normal tires (not-so-flat) on the sprues.

Where?

Not seeing any other tires than the flat ones?

Two sets of sprue M, 4 flat tire halves.

No other round parts of similar diameter on the other sprues 

3 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

Where?

Not seeing any other tires than the flat ones?

Hi,

Part M8 is moderately flattened tire for gear down model, part M9 is unrealistically flattened tire for gear up.

1442916-c-20627-62-1080.jpg

HTH,

S.

22 minutes ago, Sebastien said:

Hi,

Part M8 is moderately flattened tire for gear down model, part M9 is unrealistically flattened tire for gear up.

1442916-c-20627-62-1080.jpg

HTH,

S.

Ahhh! Thanks.

I didn't notice the difference in flatness. 

On 9/15/2023 at 1:30 AM, Zacharias said:

And there is a huge hole in the spinner, where did that hole came from?

Strangely, there is no sign of the hole in the CAD's.

Cheers. 

Chris. 

55 minutes ago, mr_stomach said:

No hole on real part. I have kit (first release with 3D cockpit parts), building. On our market it is already available and very cheap (about 42 quid delivered)

What is a source (shop) with such a low price? Link would be helpful.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:50 PM, Zacharias said:

No, part M9 is NOT unrealistically flatened, it is flatened just as much as it needs to be flatened for very obvious specific reason.

Note to self: when writing with tongue in cheek, do use smileys.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:07 PM, Scooby said:

Roger that!

These will available soon on the SHM site.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

On 5/2/2024 at 2:06 AM, Bozothenutter said:

Ahhh! Thanks.

I didn't notice the difference in flatness. 

I didn’t notice the second tire either.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

Has Reskit dropped anything yet?

Not that I've seen. However, I got my GWH kit from MBK yesterday and had a good look at it this afternoon; I really can't see any need at all for aftermarket stuff and that's coming from someone who buys a LOT of aftermarket stuff!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Has Reskit dropped anything yet?

There is a company named MCC who has released a 3D printed seat and Avenger for the kit and of course Quinta Studios has a cockpit set about to be released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hopkp said:

Not that I've seen. However, I got my GWH kit from MBK yesterday and had a good look at it this afternoon; I really can't see any need at all for aftermarket stuff and that's coming from someone who buys a LOT of aftermarket stuff!

I agree it's gorgeous,  but a seat (cockpit?), gear, and maybe an engine would be nice.

Since the Reskit F-35A cockpit I'm hooked!

Just now, Bozothenutter said:

I agree it's gorgeous,  but a seat (cockpit?), gear, and maybe an engine would be nice.

Since the Reskit F-35A cockpit I'm hooked!

The kit cockpit is plenty good for me and while an engine might be nice I think I'd be afraid to go hacking up the nacelle given the cost of the kit! I absolutely get your comment about getting hooked on Reskit stuff, it’s beautiful.....but getting really expensive. I'd love their 1/48 OV-10 cockpit/wheel well set, but couldn't justify spending c. 80 euro on an interior for a kit that costs less than half that. Likewise, their recent intake/wheel well sets for the Hasegawa A-7s are fantastic, but unfortunately their cost is fantastic too!

• Like 1