PK-502, Messerschmitt Bf/109E, 1977 Matchbox, 1/32 scale, 3 Colour Kit

Hi All,

Well half of the Techmod transfers (decals) I ordered arrived today. So in lieu of the Matchbox transfers for Galland's plane not working out, I'll draw from the two Techmod sets to make up Matchbox's interpretation of his Bf 109E-4/N W. Nr. 5819.

That said, although the Matchbox kit doesn't build into Galland's E4-N out of the box, since it lacks the correct centre canopy, has no head armour, omits the ZFR-4 Telescope for the windscreen, plus lacks the spinner cap, and  extra oil tank associated with the DB 601 N engine. I will be ignoring all of that, without correction or improvement, since I hope to cobble it together to represent the Matchbox kit, rather than representing the actual airframe.

So without further ado here are some pictures of Techmod's Messerschmitt BF-109E-4 set 32028.

Plus for those interested in such things as can be seen in the background, I am chuffed to have now got an amazing condition and untampered (it's still got the glue in it and the decals are perfect as is the rest all sealed) 1980 boxing of Otaki's Fw 190 in 1/48 scale, to add to a personal project of building samples of 1/48 scale Fw 190A-8 kits from Otaki, Trimaster, Tamiya, Hasegawa (don't have one yet) and Eduard from 1980 through to 2019.

XWC6sBH.jpg

MVR3Pcl.jpg

P.S. The cockpit and fuselage of the Bf 109 is coming along, and those parts should be finished on the weekend.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 3:29 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Daniel Cox

We now have a 2 week extension on this GB, I do hope that will allow you enough time to return and complete this one. :fingerscrossed:

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat,

The delay for me was a sorry tale of catching Covid-19 and then getting notice on my residential lease. So my wife and I have been frantically looking for a new place to live (in a limited market) while packing. So I won't have my Matchbox builds done in time at all. Except I am still hoping to finish the Viggen build, unpainted just before the new deadline.

That said I will continue my threads as progress rolls on again with this build and the A-7D Corsair, once we have moved in circa 2-3 weeks. Since it will encourage me to  get it done and I like sharing the fun I have been having with these builds as well.

Cheers,

Daniel.

• Sad 1