Sudanese AF MiG-21M (a double-GB build vignette)

Tim R-T-C

spacer.png

If you have seen my builds before you might know that I often create vignette pairings, whether it is two of the same model like the Czech MiG-21s or two very different types like the Lybian National Army MiG-21/SF260

This year I wanted to try something different and combine two GBs into a single vignette and this MiG-21/ground attack combo seemed perfect. So I will be combining a well worn MiG-21M undergoing maintenance, with a fully loaded Su-25 preparing for operation.

spacer.png

This isn't my first time with an Eduard MiG and it all fell together very quickly with no filling required at all.

The cockpit will be closed up so I added the 7 provided decals and everyone's favourite shade of interior blue before fixing the canopy in place.

• Like 7

Primed, sprayed (AK Aluminium from a can) and decalled (JBr African Fishbeds sheet)

spacer.png

Photos of these airframes do show some distinct panel variation but I couldn't get a good finish over the ultra glossy metal paint, so I will leave the metallics as they are - the aircraft will be getting some suitable weathering anyway...

• Like 8

More work on the Fishbed today

First she was fitted with wheels

spacer.png

Then with some Oilbrushers, I added a thin layer of desert sand to give the impression of a little used airframe at the desert airfield.

spacer.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Nice touch with the FOD covers, they look very good.

🇺🇦

Thanks, its the first time I've used this rare Brengun etch set. Definitely a complex shape to form from flat etch. Some of the parts were absurdly tiny, the handles for the covers were so small I couldn't even pick them up with tweezers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So this is going to go down to the wire. Delays on the Frogfoot have slowed it down, but the recalcitrant Sukhoi jet is now painted and decalled, so I spent last night making an inspection ladder for the MiG.

Tonight after a quick 5k and a visit to my parents should get this project complete in time for the GB gallery 😁

spacer.png

Edited by Tim R-T-C
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...