The Merits of American Style (1/72 Arma Hobby P-51B Mustang)

43 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Good work there Mr P, looks great. What's next?

Stuart

The opening essay isn't ready yet, but I hope to have "Swords of the Unjust" begun this evening. Just some research to finish up.

• Like 8

And we're live. Stay tuned for my next thrilling adventure, inevitably involving at least one gluey fingerprint, in Swords of the Unjust:

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Procopius said:

But enough about Terry's P-51H.

I couldn't possibly comment on Terry's P 51H as I've never seen it!

Stay safe         Roger

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

I couldn't possibly comment on Terry's P 51H as I've never seen it!

The big question is, does it really exist .............. 🤭

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/4/2022 at 1:15 AM, Terry1954 said:

Well it's a typical RS kit. Nice fine detail and it looks accurate for sure, but nothing like a top quality injection moulded offering. The usual things like no location pins and although there are nice internals, they all need work to make them fit. Some of the finer U/C parts that support the main gear are resin and extremely small and delicate and not that well moulded. I managed to break mine and had to scratch build those and the tail wheel. But with some decent effort, a nice looking build can be obtained. I just think that this Arrma offering looks to be way way ahead!

I'm sure you will enjoy the challenge!

Terry

This is good to know Terry as I just got one from my wife for Christmas.  I saw there were no locator pins and pushed it a little farther down in the stash until I have the courage.

• Like 1

Arrived late to this. Great to see you back, as usual a stunning build, woven into the always interesting PC life journey. I'm not one for building Mustangs but this has whetted my appetite. I have an Arma Hurricane in the stash and this has stimulated me to go and retrieve it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I succumbed to temptation on the strength of this thread, and the kit arrived today.

I have a few things to finish off first, but shall content myself with fondling the Precious in the stash every now and then until the time comes.

• Like 4

Just now, Steve Coombs said:

I succumbed to temptation on the strength of this thread, and the kit arrived today.

Success! I always hope my builds help people decide if they like and want a kit after watching an idiot build it.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Success! I always hope my builds help people decide if they like and want a kit after watching an idiot build it.

Please don't do yourself down; we all make errors.
Feeling any better from the virus now?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Coombs said:

Feeling any better from the virus now?

Much, thank you! Grant, who was too young for vaccination, was the hardest hit, and aside from some lingering issues with Grant South, is pretty much all recovered. He is, unfortunately, still home with me while I try to work, but I just found a distraction for him:

52083426390_900b8e73d0_h.jpgPXL_20220518_183335433 by Edward IX, on Flickr

52081900092_ea6646ac07_h.jpgPXL_20220518_184705743 by Edward IX, on Flickr

• Like 9