The Merits of American Style (1/72 Arma Hobby P-51B Mustang)

I tried a shot in the photo booth, but it made it look worse, somehow:

52048791993_e424eb5958_b.jpgPXL_20220504_004844333 by Edward IX, on Flickr

52049253410_74c3357596_b.jpgPXL_20220504_004902235 by Edward IX, on Flickr

I did a last oil pin wash and dull coat, and then took the masks off:

52048991109_7a92ffabd5_b.jpgPXL_20220504_005958591 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Somehow a bunch of dust got in the cockpit on the...well, it's not a sliding hood...flipping hood...

52048792098_eb6e0e42a0_b.jpgPXL_20220504_005901237 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Anyhow, I prised it off and a cotton bud wiped it off, so will put it back on when I'm not drinking this terrible margarita mix and take more photos.

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Still looks good to me Edward, Someday I’ll be able to get some of these Arma kits. 

I'm placing a large order (five kits) from Poland on the 5th or 6th to get a volume discount and defray shipping, I can toss one in for you if you like.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

I'm placing a large order (five kits) from Poland on the 5th or 6th to get a volume discount and defray shipping, I can toss one in for you if you like.

I don't have the $ right now but in the future can set aside $ if I know in advance ? I do want a couple of the F-6’s someday so ? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I don't have the $ right now but in the future can set aside $ if I know in advance ? I do want a couple of the F-6’s someday so ? 

That's what I'm getting! I can get one for you and hold it. You'll just have to come and visit me when time and funds permit. Darn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Procopius said:

That's what I'm getting! I can get one for you and hold it. You'll just have to come and visit me when time and funds permit. Darn.

If you're willing to do that I think we can do that. We can always make it a meeting of the midwest division of Britmodeller and invite John. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Procopius said:

@John Laidlaw want me to toss in a 'Stang for you as well?

As I'd recently been fiddling around various purveyors' sites looking for that very thing (inspired by your build), I will say YES PLEASE! Let me know money gubbins etc., when you know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Laidlaw said:

As I'd recently been fiddling around various purveyors' sites looking for that very thing (inspired by your build), I will say YES PLEASE! Let me know money gubbins etc., when you know.

We should be doing quite well for ourselves, as ordering seven kits drops the price to just a hair under 19 euros per kit. I'll happily eat shipping, since two more kits doesn't change what I'd be paying anyway, and you two can come visit me like I'm some eastern potentate in Hedgehog Manor Mk II, which is less than a mile south of Hedgehog Manor Mk I. Everyone wins!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Procopius said:

We should be doing quite well for ourselves, as ordering seven kits drops the price to just a hair under 19 euros per kit. I'll happily eat shipping, since two more kits doesn't change what I'd be paying anyway, and you two can come visit me like I'm some eastern potentate in Hedgehog Manor Mk II, which is less than a mile south of Hedgehog Manor Mk I. Everyone wins!

Thank you - you are my enabler 😁.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

PXL_20220504_043447450

Calling her done.

PXL_20220504_043731735

Better than some past efforts, not as good as the kit merits, hopefully I'll improve for the next one.

• Like 35

A right stunner I'd say. Most impressive Edward.

I imagine one of these Arma kits would impress me much having almost battled my way through the RS P-51H!

Terry

• Thanks 1

That's very good Edward.

I've come to appreciate the P-51 with high back and canopy framing. In my early days it always had to be P-51D.

The dropped flaps and weathering worked very well.

:goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

A right stunner I'd say. Most impressive Edward.

I imagine one of these Arma kits would impress me much having almost battled my way through the RS P-51H!

Terry

Ive got one in the future builds pile, anything I should know ? 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 12:25 AM, Andwil said:

The whole Flanker family are horrible ugly planes IMO and there are far too many of them on here for my taste.

Blimme! If Flankers are ugly, I'd hate to see a "good looking" aircraft!

Chris. 

29 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive got one in the future builds pile, anything I should know ? 

Well it's a typical RS kit. Nice fine detail and it looks accurate for sure, but nothing like a top quality injection moulded offering. The usual things like no location pins and although there are nice internals, they all need work to make them fit. Some of the finer U/C parts that support the main gear are resin and extremely small and delicate and not that well moulded. I managed to break mine and had to scratch build those and the tail wheel. But with some decent effort, a nice looking build can be obtained. I just think that this Arrma offering looks to be way way ahead!

I'm sure you will enjoy the challenge!

Terry

• Thanks 1

A stunning Mustang build showing superb workmanship, great paintwork and outstanding attention to details.

Stay safe       Roger

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

A stunning Mustang build showing superb workmanship, great paintwork and outstanding attention to details.

But enough about Terry's P-51H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why are we talking about Terry's P?

51H.

The kit is as good as it gets OOB so presentation is everything, not withstanding some documented tribulations end result is, its a keeper.

As always a good job done

Box on

Strickers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1