1/72 Mister X SHADO Mobile and S.H.E.D Models Gerry Anderson's UFO (Gerry Anderson's UFO TV Series)

Manufacturer: Mister X (SHADO Mobile) and S.H.E.D Models (Gerry Anderson’s UFO)

Aftermarket: Pressed cardboard cake base from Hobbycraft, Air drying clay, Car body filler (Bondo), Woodland Scenics olive green bushes, Woodland Scenics light green clump foliage, Woodland Scenics buff coarse gravel and Woodland Scenics C1289 / spray or brush adhesive.

Paints: Mr Hobby Surfacer 1500 Black, Mr Hobby Aquarius H89, Tamiya XF-18, Tamiya XF-16, Tamiya X-2, Molotow Liquid Chrome and Americana Burnt Umber.

Weathering: Flory Models Dirt Pigments.

Link to build thread 1: Work in progress of the SHADO Mobile 

Link to build thread 2: Work in progress of the Gerry Anderson's UFO 

Hi folks, I am calling this classic 70's TV Series diorama done.

I bought the vac formed / white metal kit about 6 years ago and I always wanted to build it in a forest diorama with a SHADO mobile in pursuit, however finding a suitable scale sized model was proving difficult at that time.

Fortunately, I spotted this little resin kit of the mobile on eBay from a local seller close to me and the build plan was put into action at long last. I had a trip down memory lane with this build and I am pleased with how it turned out.

As luck would have it, I picked up a second UFO kit from the same now long gone manufacturer a few years back, so I have future plans to build it into a moonscape diorama. I might even have the ship spinning as in the series, but hopefully without the wobbles!

Bye for now and happy modelling.

XEcwiM3.jpg
w5QHwt0.jpg
AMTxrd4.jpg
NB8V6Yt.jpg
ViZQE1e.jpg
L5YERNl.jpg
5wXDK2a.jpg
dWzfW7S.jpg
xRzzf6y.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 26

54 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That's some good looking work Lee, Sadly its a series that never got across the pond. 

Thanks, I do believe it got aired on some late night channels in the US, but the networks only really bought space 1999 when the show makers were asked to produce a show that was totally in space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good work. At last I get a good look at one of those pesky ufos. Did like the series, terrific theme, very attractive female members of SHADO, but Ed was suck a plonker with that silver wig and tight trousers.

47 minutes ago, Maginot said:

Good work. At last I get a good look at one of those pesky ufos. Did like the series, terrific theme, very attractive female members of SHADO, but Ed was suck a plonker with that silver wig and tight trousers.

Cheers, it was a great series, very 60's/ 70's glam rock.