Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter F.Mk.6

Beautifully turned out Hunter.:like:

5 hours ago, Neil said:

(In my neck of the woods, so reasonably local to me).

I was in the ATC there (quite some time ago). I can remember Hunters still being there but they were right at the end of their time .Happy times.

Pete

Beautiful!!!

This is a kit I have never been able to obtain, and when I see what you achieved with yours, I will keep trying.

Scrumptious results!

JR

Again I agree with all the above and I would like to make one or two sometime. As a note , check the rear edge of the hood. It should be clear.

Keith

Edited by Britman

Yeah, I really like that!

BTW we've been to Norfolk - our daughter did a gap year at the Gresham School in Holt.  Great little village & a local took me fly-fishing on the Wensum River where I bagged a cracking brown trout.

Edited by thommo
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 6:56 AM, Andy Dyck said:

Wonderful rendition of the Hunter. Especially like the colors, they turned out very realistic. Wich brand did you use, if I may ask?

Andy 

For the upper surfaces I used Xtracolour enamel (thinned with cellulose thinners, helps reduce the drying time) and the underside is Alclad Aluminium. The faint panel line wash is Paynes Grey oil-colour, thinned with White Spirit, and the excess removed with a clean cloth and blending in with a perfectly dry flat brush. 👍

On 4/6/2022 at 5:29 AM, thommo said:

Yeah, I really like that!

BTW we've been to Norfolk - our daughter did a gap year at the Gresham School in Holt.  Great little village & a local took me fly-fishing on the Wensum River where I bagged a cracking brown trout.

Gresham is very highly regarded, and Holt is a really nice place, I was over there a couple of weeks ago actually!  In fact anywhere in and around that part of North Norfolk is rather nice, lovely part of the County, very popular region. :)

Thanks for all of the comments everybody, they are much appreciated. I have made my fair share of stuff packed full of extra aftermarket 'this-that-and-the-other' over the years, but it made a refreshing change to build something with absolutely no modifications to the basic kit, or aftermarket decals etc, although it does help to have a reasonably good kit to start with. It was a pleasure to build, and being an almost 'local' based aircraft made it all the more of an interest to me.

Thanks again everyone!  :yahoo:

B)

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Neil said:

For the upper surfaces I used Xtracolour enamel (thinned with cellulose thinners, helps reduce the drying time) and the underside is Alclad Aluminium. The faint panel line wash is Paynes Grey oil-colour, thinned with White Spirit, and the excess removed with a clean cloth and blending in with a perfectly dry flat brush. 👍

Probably should of added, the final-finish is a coat of Xtracolour enamel Semi-Gloss/Satin airbrushed overall, (although in the pics it kind of looks more of a 'Matt' finish, for some reason) and prior to applying the Paynes Grey oil paint panel line wash to the Alclad Aluminium underside, a coat of Tamiya Acrylic Clear was applied to the Aluminium finish first, to prevent the oil paint wash destroying the Aluminium finish.

B)