Harrier GR.3 1/72

Well this is my first GB and i'm hoping that i will get it finished as i am not a very fast builder. But i am hoping that this will help me over come this to be honest. I decided to go with the GR.3 because no one is doing one plus it's one of my favorates. I am unsure on markings yet as i have some coming from Hannants and i was going to use Eduard set but i am tempted to use the Kits world 3D cockpit set to see how they look compaired to QS stuff ( i know smaller scale ) .

Anyway on with the box shoots.

51978187572_c651bf8e23_c.jpgIMG_4113 by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

51979266023_422a23d633_c.jpgIMG_4114 by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

Edited by Harrier/ViperFan
  • Like 12

On 4/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, Harrier/ViperFan said:

Well this is my first GB

Welcome to the Big Show!  This is a fun way to go, having been deep inside the insanity myself now for a while.  I enjoyed building this Harrier...I hope you do too!

Well my new parts for the kit has arrived, i am gonna have to dig through my references as the plane i have decided on needs some scratchbuilding which i have NEVER done as it needs:

Blue Eric ECM Blade on the Starboard Cannonpack

LMTS fit on the nose

51990742055_e3c941c310_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

51990742290_8e5145aa6b_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

51990186396_be891254e2_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

51990742220_8d39af6f37_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

• Like 6

I’m interested to see how the masks work as a I’ve built two Harriers in wrap around, a GR.3 and a T.4, using blue tack worms and tape and it was a right pain!

AW

22 hours ago, Harrier/ViperFan said:

Well my new parts for the kit has arrived, i am gonna have to dig through my references as the plane i have decided on needs some scratchbuilding which i have NEVER done as it needs:

LMTS fit on the nose

51990742055_e3c941c310_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

51990742290_8e5145aa6b_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

51990186396_be891254e2_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

51990742220_8d39af6f37_c.jpgUntitled by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

Comparing the harrier dark admiralty grey cockpit colour to the Eduard and kits world panel colours I would say the Eduard is more accurate!

From personal experience I tried a kits world 3d panel on another build,  awful thing, ended up binning it.

Selwyn

On 09/04/2022 at 13:22, Harrier/ViperFan said:

LMTS fit on the nose

You could try this for the Blue Eric:- https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product/freightdog-1-72-harrier-gr-3-blue-eric-ecm-pod-new-airfix-kit/

Didn't some of the Airfix harrier GR3 kit come with the LMTS fitted to the laser ranger nose?

6 hours ago, Jabba said:

You could try this for the Blue Eric:- https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product/freightdog-1-72-harrier-gr-3-blue-eric-ecm-pod-new-airfix-kit/

Didn't some of the Airfix harrier GR3 kit come with the LMTS fitted to the laser ranger nose?

I did notice 2 nose cones in the box.

22 hours ago, Johnson said:

Hope to join the GB with the same kit @Harrier/ViperFan, so following and learning!

What do reckon on TopNotch the camo masks? May I ask what they're made of?

Cheers,

They are made of vinyl and you get extra masks as well just in case which is good. I not tried them yet but the instructions are easy to follow. Time will tell if they are worth the £10 or not.

• Thanks 1