Mig-23 camouflage

Did this Mig-23 ever exist?This is a picture from a pc flight simulator game I found on the Internet.I looked in the excellent book by Yefim Gordon and Dmitri Kommissarov about the Mig-23 and Mig-27 but could not find any mention of it.

There was a Mig-23UB painted in a similar camouflage scheme.

Thank you very much

Saluti

Giampiero

mig-231enj6a.jpg

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri

In this markings it seems a company plane, or at least a trade show maschine....

The simulator image also seems to use the UB nose as a base... there are slight panel line hints on the radom....

It's highly unlikely to be real.  The tail markings are the current Russian flag, and the Russian Air Force retired all its single-engined fighters a long time before that.  And as no-one can buy a MiG-23 now, even heavily used, a trade show mule is also unlikely.

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Yes,that is the picture I found.

Saluti

Giampiero

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

There is such a photo. But this is a monument in the city of Astrakhan. It could have been painted in any color, so it is not known whether there was such camouflage on flying planes.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I searched the Internet for information and it seems that the plane did not fly in this color. Before it became a monument, it was silver in color and the tail number 02 was red. Here is the link. There is Russian, but Google translator will help.

MiG-23 MLD

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dmitriy1967 said:

Before it became a monument, it was silver in color

Any pictures?, I've never seen a silver MiG-23MLD. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

I have a saved three-view camouflage scheme drawing from the long defunct 'Americo Maia' website of MiG-23UB  'Red 210' in this colour scheme and form of markings which is captioned  'Russian Air Force - FGUP Corporation's Day - Moscow 10.08.02'.

FGUP seems to be an acronym for Federal State Unitary Enterprise and is used as a prefix/suffix for a host of varied organisations.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2022 at 15:39, Hook said:

Any pictures?, I've never seen a silver MiG-23MLD. 

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Andre

Perhaps you are right and there were no silver MLD. I'm not good at painting airplanes. I just quoted the words from the text to which I gave a link.

Cheers,

Dmitriy

On 04/05/2022 at 16:16, Des said:

FGUP seems to be an acronym for Federal State Unitary Enterprise and is used as a prefix/suffix for a host of varied organisations.

You are absolutely right.

• Thanks 1