FAA 846 NAS Avenger, 4th May 1945

Hi all,

RFI, my completed Hobby Boss 1/48 Avenger built as an FAA 846 Squadron aircraft launched from HMS Trumpeter on 4th May 1945.  Operation Judgement was the Royal Navy’s final offensive action of WW2 in Europe.

The WIP is posted here and contains all the decision making, some the reasoning, and all the progress in completing this model.  I’m very pleased with how it turned out particularly as there were some elements that stretched my abilities.

The photos below were shot with a Canon DSLR and a 24-70mm macro lens on aperture priority at f11.  The studio is my kitchen bench :)

Cheers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 48
  • Thanks 4

Mark,

Beautiful build and finish mate. This has been a really engaging build - the scratched wing fold is an inspiration and the attention to detail is a joy to behold. Loved every minute!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really enjoyed following this one  you have ended up with a stunning model Mark. Really great work and a cracking finish and weathering.   Absolutely fantastic. 

Shame Tonyot isn't on the Forum, he would love this one.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CJP said:

Great photos of your Avenger that shows off your model to perfection

CJP

I agree!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, junglierating said:

Nice rendition of a box of tricks (846)  Avenger ...BZ to you.

Porky pie a/c next?

I must admit the reference to a Porky pie a/c has me stumped!  It sounds like a fun build though, whatever it is!

@WildeSau75, @Dunny, @AliGauld, @bigbadbadge, @Sky Keg, @RMCS, @keefr22, @corsaircorp, @CJP, @SAT69, @junglierating, @Grey Beema, @Gatesy64 and @Reini78 thank you  for the comments and for the reactions.  Much appreciated.

19 minutes ago, mark.au said:

I must admit the reference to a Porky pie a/c has me stumped!  It sounds like a fun build though, whatever it is!

@WildeSau75, @Dunny, @AliGauld, @bigbadbadge, @Sky Keg, @RMCS, @keefr22, @corsaircorp, @CJP, @SAT69, @junglierating, @Grey Beema, @Gatesy64 and @Reini78 thank you  for the comments and for the reactions.  Much appreciated.

845 NAS ...obviously 🤔😆😆😆

• Like 1

Fantastic build Mark.  I've always liked the Avenger and I like it more in FAA colors.  It looks very realistic.  Bummer I missed out on most of the build, but the result is outstanding.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, opus999 said:

Fantastic build Mark.  I've always liked the Avenger and I like it more in FAA colors.  It looks very realistic.  Bummer I missed out on most of the build, but the result is outstanding.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:09 PM, tomkil said:

That is a cracking build.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:03 AM, Roberto said:

Great result, I really like it.

17 hours ago, robgizlu said:

What a Beautiful model :clap2:

Rob

Thank you gents for the comments.  I have to say that I’m quite taken by the FAA TSS scheme and will definitely do more.

Cheers.