Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk I (new tool)

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Fantastic! Great work George, I've been promised one of the dual combo sets from Eduard for my 60th birthday, after looking at your pictures, I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in, thanks for posting and keep up the good work.

Nik 'Watto'

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Gordon J said:

Which paints did you use for the Dark Green and Dark Earth?

Thank you! Those were Gunze Aqueous H-73 and H-72 respectively.

21 minutes ago, Paulaero said:

Weathering looks just fine to me, they might have not been that old but were certainly hard used.

Very nice result 

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

George, I haven't seen your builds before, but after looking at the recent Lightning, I had a look at our older stuff. You consistently produce masterpieces. Any chance of writing a work in progress thread on the next one. I think you have much to teach the rest of us! 😃

4 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

George, I haven't seen your builds before, but after looking at the recent Lightning, I had a look at our older stuff. You consistently produce masterpieces. Any chance of writing a work in progress thread on the next one. I think you have much to teach the rest of us! 😃

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the other buildings. As for a progress thread, I'll think about, but I have to say I'm pretty lazy when it comes to write my steps down. Partially because I build these kits in an very erratic way, a few hours one day, several days doing nothing, then just a piece here and there. But, in any case, you're more than welcome to ask anything regarding any technique and/or materials used. Cheers!!