Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk I (new tool)

Hello!

This is my most recent project. Nothing else to add, or praise, regarding this wonderful kit. It is a pleasure to build and everything works just fine, even the decals. Except for the roundels, that I've painted using masks, all others reacted really well to Gunze's Mr Softer.

This particular kit represented a Spit in 1940, so perhaps I may have weathered it a little bit too much, for they should have been relatively new then. But, it's done!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngHope you'll enjoy!

Cheers!

Edited by George72
  • Like 44
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Your attention to detail is so good that I felt like I was back in August of 1940 as an aviator of 606 Squadron. :goodjob:

Mike

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Maginot said:

Very nice paint and weathering. Eh! It's right mucky!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Beautifully done, George, great weathering. I'm just finishing the original Tamiya Spitfire Mk.I  and it still holds-up well.

Best from New Zealand.

Ian.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Beautifully done, George, great weathering. I'm just finishing the original Tamiya Spitfire Mk.I  and it still holds-up well.

Best from New Zealand.

Ian.

Thank you!

Fantastic! Great work George, I've been promised one of the dual combo sets from Eduard for my 60th birthday, after looking at your pictures, I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in, thanks for posting and keep up the good work.

Nik 'Watto'