Jetmads 1/32 Jaktviggen

Wow, looks really convincing, respect. Now a suitable background to photograph and it looks like real.

47 minutes ago, exdraken said:

any kind of size reference? this must be enourmous! (are these 20*20 tiles in the background?)

The tiles are 15x15 cm, the whole thing's just over half a metre long with the front pitot tube included.

• Thanks 1

very nicely done!!!!  :thumbsup:

She is a big beast forsure, mine finally arrived a few weeks ago, plus I have a 2nd one coming from the 2nd release. Plan to do one in grey and the other in Splinter (I love complex paint jobs!).

Now just need to fit it into the build schedule!

• Like 1

Finishing one of this beasts of a kit must is quite an achievement, congratulations! The paintjob looks great, and while the splinter scheme is a classic, the grey camo emphasizes the powerful curves of this aircraft IMO.

One question – didn't the Jaktviggen have the extended fuselage?

56 minutes ago, Electric Indigo said:

didn't the Jaktviggen have the extended fuselage?

Yes, and as far as I can tell the kit shows this. Here's a picture of the "regular" (AJ-37) fuselage, note the two panels I've marked.

0LK9sVz.jpg

They're largely similar in length, while on the kit the front one is a bit longer. This would appear to match the JA-37: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Sweden-Air-Force/Saab-JA37-Viggen/1351231

• Thanks 1