Some Infinity Models rumours

Largescale32

During my visit at HpH/Infinity Models factory we discussed some new plastic models.

In the 1/32 Infinity range this will be A-20 Havoc, Savoia Marchetti SM.79, Dornier Do-17, Saab Draken and Saab Gripen.

In 1/48 they will release a new B-26 Marauder.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

I for one will welcome the 1/32 Do 17.  The others look interesting as well but the Dornier completes the availability of all the main types from the Battle of Britain era.  Perhaps looking to the slightly supporting actors we might one day see a 1/32 BP Defiant and a Blenheim?  I don't imagine there would be too many howls of protest at either if offered.

Nice also to see a 1/48 Marauder - a much overlooked machine in lager model scales with only the old Mongram kit at 1/48 I think?  I always thought HK Models might take it on in 1/32 given their product line.

While very happy to see all these subjects being made, and thankful to Largescale 32 for the info, such practice of semi offical rumours/ announcements is pure cornering the market, and not so nice policy.

Infinity has announced lots of models, while no doubt they have intelectual basis for every of the mentioned subjects, these are not resin or fiberglass kits made from short run molds, but injection kits that require far more work, thus I am sure that they cannot pull it off in mentioned timeframe, and by this " announcement" other manufacturers who might have idea of the same subject may decide not to do so.

While not in the same league( announcements wise) as Tan Model, announcing five 1/32 injection toolings, while not releasing any new

and longtime announced subjects-not professional and not serious.( at least give it catalogue numbers).

• Like 2

I for one welcome their plans as these are great subject.  I know they might be somewhere between dreams and rock solid commitments but it still is good news to hear someone is thinking about these subjects.

• Like 2

Dornier 17 will be an absolute must for me. Hoping for a Z, but any of the early E, Fs and Ps etc will be just as nice. The B-26 equally welcome (although I've just forked out for a Monogram kit and a ton of aftermarket) although I would still love a B-26 in 1/32. I don't build many 1/32 bombers, but the Do 17 and Marauder would be exceptions. Great news!

5 hours ago, npb748r said:

how do I get these in doors without my wife seeing or spend the money without my wife knowing ??? 

Piece of cake.

1. Take a few empty large kit boxes from colleagues.

2. Unfold them and somehow sneak them home.

3. Buy a new kit at your friend's address.

4. Assemble one empty box into normal form and take it out of the house saying "Darling, I'm going to swap models with a friend".

5. Throw the empty box away at a friend's house and take your new kit from him.

6. Come home and show your wife that you have traded one box for another box.

The procedure can be repeated when necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

AMT did a B-26 in 48th back in the day.  Don't know what happened to the molds but haven't seen one in forever.  I had one and it was nicely detailed with a well done interior, etc.  If you can find one check it out.  Cheers!

On 4/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, JohnT said:

Nice also to see a 1/48 Marauder - a much overlooked machine in lager model scales with only the old Mongram kit at 1/48 I think?

There was also an AMT B-26 in 1/48th

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/amt-7002901-martin-b-26b-marauder--1124776

It’s not as detailed as the Monogram kit and the engine has the wrong number of cylinders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Christer A said:

Draken and Gripen in 1/32?

Now that is a juicy rumor if there ever was one!

Agree entirely. I'm up for a pair of Drakens just as starters, then one each of every subsequent boxing. It will also be interesting to see what, if anything, they might offer as accessories. However, I might have to get a Jetmads resin one as part of, er, necessary preliminary research.

Tony

• Like 1

I'm rather relieved that a Viggen isn't on that list as I've shelled out for one of the second run JetMads kits which should be here in the near future. I'm actually more excited about the Gripen than I am the Draken, which I'm surprised about. Regardless, I'll likely get both to sit with the big girl! 

Cheers,

WV908

1/32 Draken!?! I must be dreaming!!! 😃 Regarding that Hasegawa Draken was a - at least what I have heard -  success, this is not only good news, but it might also be a good opportunity for Infinlty Models to earn some money. At least they will get my money, ;)

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 4

On 4/4/2022 at 12:38 AM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Piece of cake.

1. Take a few empty large kit boxes from colleagues.

2. Unfold them and somehow sneak them home.

3. Buy a new kit at your friend's address.

4. Assemble one empty box into normal form and take it out of the house saying "Darling, I'm going to swap models with a friend".

5. Throw the empty box away at a friend's house and take your new kit from him.

6. Come home and show your wife that you have traded one box for another box.

The procedure can be repeated when necessary.

This man knows how to plastic model.🤣

• Haha 2

On 04/04/2022 at 16:02, Parrahs said:

Well...

On 08/04/2022 at 09:26, Bjorn said:

1/32 Draken!?! I must be dreaming!!! 😃 Regarding that Hasegawa Draken was a - at least what I have heard - has been a success, this is not only good news, but it might also be a good opportunity for Infinlty Models to earn some money. At least they will get my money, ;)

4 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I might jump into 1/32 for a Draken indeed!

Then the recently released Tunnan  would also make sense :D

Draken; Viggen ; Tunnan and Gripen all in 1/32?  It’s getting a bit ABBA esq and is going to cost a lot of Money, Money, Money

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Hello,

spent last weekend with my friends from HpH/Infinity Models.

There are no news, except thinking about a 1/48 laminate/resin Space Shuttle with booster rockets. Had a llok on 1/48 plans and this will be really huge.

The other news are not that good: their sales of the 1/32 Infinity Helldiver kit are not as expected, they will look how the sales of the 1/32 Vampire kits will be and then they will make some new decisions about forthcoming kits.

One is the cancellation of 1/32 Me-410 plastic kit.

Fact is, that the 1/32 S.M.-79 now will be produced in laminate/resin instead of plastic, because production in plastic is too expensive for a small company.

Additional sets for the Vampire kits will be ready in about one month.

Also the sales for FLY Models 1/32 Saab Tunnan are not that good (about 700 sold kits so far).

KP Models cancelled their 1/32 L-29 Delphin project. They will stay with simple, easy to build 1/72 kits.

Cheers, Heinz

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I'm certainly no expert on sales etc but I wonder if they're looking too much to the short term and many people don't always buy straight away and sometimes wait for different variants.   For instance I haven't long made a few Special Hobby Vamps and I probably won't buy the 1st 1/32 release as it's too similar to the versions I have in 1/72 (I'd rather build as many different variants/colour schemes as possible) as I don't want any repition in any scale.

7 hours ago, Largescale32 said:

...sales of the 1/32 Infinity Helldiver kit are not as expected...

Never nice to hear that sales of a new kit aren't good, but I'd have to admit that I'd never have seen a 1/32 Helldiver as something a lot of people would buy. Hopefully the Vampire kits do better for them.....