Kit Form Services 1/24 L118 105mm Light Gun

Hi Gang,

Here is my Kit Form Services 1/24 L118 105mm Light Gun. This is modelled as near as I could ascertain to how they would have looked during the Falklands War. This is a resin, white metal, etched brass and various rods and tubes kit, described on the box as 'for the experienced modeller'. While it wasn't too difficult there were some sticking points. It was great fun to build though, something very different for me. I know the square root of bugger all about artillery so I hope I've got it right. I had planned on adding some more weathering (just shades of soil / mud on the tyres really) but my order of materials went awry and I'm still waiting for them. I'll finish it off when they arrive, or maybe leave it as is? 

It's a weird shape for a model, and doesn't fit my soft box very well, so I've got a bit creative with the angles and crops. The last one is a hand held phone shot.

VMevPnS.jpg 

Qm01IkV.jpg 

YTnPW9t.jpg 

mjdkZNn.jpg

SJZFj5T.jpg

FGeJ2dO.jpg 

Thanks for looking in,
Gareth

• Like 19

Superb job.

For some reason, I've always liked the 105mm Light Gun. Would love a decent 1/35 rendering, and have often been tempted by this one, even though it's" not my scale" for AFV's. 

Thanks for sharing.

Terry

Great work, really good finish and set off very well on that base, with the ammo boxes and casings. I agree with you about a weird shape, but there is something good looking about it.

• 3 weeks later...

That's lovely. Well done to build that from such a kit.

One thing, the teeth on the baseplate would have sunk into the soil, or been dug in, to provide a stable firing platform. It was a light gun but at the moment it looks weightless

Cheers Bertie, glad you like it. I never even considered the weight of the gun, which is embarassing given how much I've read about the problems that peaty ground gave the gunners (and troops in general). IT's stuck down so not a lot I can do about it now. 

Gareth