1/48 ICM Mig-25PD Foxbat - In flight and lit up.

Well it took a bit longer than anticipated but this cold-war Mig is finally done! It's ICMs 1/48 version of the Mig-25 PD with the challenge of a mostly monotone grey colour scheme.

spacer.png

The main colour is MRP traffic Grey but I used a fair bit of artistic license when pre-shading with various other colours such as brown. Note no missiles or fuel tank in this shot.

spacer.png

Eduard photo-etch was used to enhance the various aerials and intakes, along with a Master nose probe. Decals are by Begemot and went on fine.

spacer.png

The base is made from mdf sprayed gloss black with a Soviet star added. The acrylic rods were bent into shape using a heat gun and 'gentle' persuasion.

spacer.png

Although panels were mainly different shades of aluminium, I added random shades of metallic colours such as titanium to provide an interesting (in my eyes!) patina to the rear fuselage. The large fuel tank is detachable as it's held on by magnets.

spacer.png

I used the kit missiles which were ok with a bit of work and added magnets so they can be added and removed easily.

spacer.png

The pilot is an Aerobonus one which also came with a very nice seat though you can't see that much with the canopy closed!

spacer.png

I used Alclad metals on the rear and weathered with brown washes.

spacer.png

I went for blue lights from the exhaust just to add a bit of colour but best viewed in the dark!

spacer.png

I lit the cockpit with a couple of red LEDs as I had no idea what they actually used and red seemed appropriate.

spacer.png

I liked the ICM kit, it's well detailed and goes together nicely. It's certainly a big and imposing fighter!

spacer.png

Thank you for looking!

• Like 63
  • Thanks 5

a monotone grey scheme you say???? :D

you made it look all but that :)

fantastic , and rarely seen in flight MiG-25! :pilot:

I never noticed the differnence in nose style of the IR and radar guided R-40s!

:partytime:

• Like 1

Many thanks everyone for your very kind comments. 

It took far longer than I expected but that was through no fault of the model, just the modeler!

Hi Marcello - the background is just a black bedsheet hung down to avoid any creases. I process my photos in Adobe Lightroom which allows me to make the blacks really black so it removes any highlights in the background and blends it all in to one shade of black. I also use high aperture and a tripod to get better depth of field. Hope that helps.

• Like 2