Bf109E in 1/32 scale.x2 xxxxFinishedxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Looks terrific Steve :like:

Cheers Pat

Many thank's Pat,really enjoying this one,start a five day run at work today so progress will slow but here's where I am today.painted the wing interior and fittings

and fitted the cowling into place,not a great fit but a bit of filler and all should be fine.

IMG-20220414-WA0000

And wing's glued and drying for now.

20220414_111433

• Like 10

Morning folk's managed a bit of bench time wing's fitted without a hitch a little filler on the underside is all that's required,you know you can easily forget this kit

being a 1974 release is nearly fifty years old,those wheels and tyres are superior to a good few new kits I've built.

20220416_111449

• Like 15

This brings back a lot of memories, a colleague at work starting building one of these kits and wanted me to finish it off for him, it was my first taste of a 1/32 kit and I thoroughly enjoyed building it. It started me on the path to being a 1/32 scale only builder these days.

And for such an old kit you are certainly making a nice job of it.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

On 16/04/2022 at 12:35, spitfire said:

And for such an old kit you are certainly making a nice job of it.

Many thank's Dennis,I'm totally blown away by this kit for it's age the fit and finish is better than a good few more modern kits if it wasn't for the price I'd grab another

in a heartbeat and she really look's great under primer now.

20220418_114333

20220418_114443

• Like 15

Afternoon folk's.A different approach to this one as I've sprayed the top colour's first and when properly dry I'll mask of and spray the RLM blue,going for option 2

on the sheet which has a patch of mottling between the cockpit front glazing and the dark green patch.

20220419_175408

• Like 12

My apologies, Steve, I seem to have missed this one for a week or two.

I never got to build these big kits back then, I think I'd discovered Beer, cars and females.

It does look a little cracker, and I do like an 'Emil', pure and (relatively) simple compared with the late war versions.

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

My apologies, Steve, I seem to have missed this one for a week or two.

I never got to build these big kits back then, I think I'd discovered Beer, cars and females.

It does look a little cracker, and I do like an 'Emil', pure and (relatively) simple compared with the late war versions.

Thank's Pete,yes these big kit's were out of my price range back when they were released and I probably would neither the skill or patience to have built them

anyway but this one has been a real gem shame the molds may be long gone it really does deserve a release.

• Like 2

Hi folk's,

last job tonight was to mask off the upper's and spraying the blue on the fuselage I'll do the underside's next session.Cut off the glazing for a dry run and surprise

surprise the great fit of parts continue!

20220419_204624

• Like 14

Forgot to mention on reading the colour marking's guide discovered it's interesting history,Flown by Franz von Werra,shot down during the Battle of Britain

escaped in Canada and made it back to Germany.

• Like 2

Wow… that’s looking really lovely Steve and your complementary comments about this kit will only inflate the already high prices being charged for this kit. You are doing a superb job and it’s gonna looking stunning once finished. Nice job. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Wow… that’s looking really lovely Steve and your complementary comments about this kit will only inflate the already high prices being charged for this kit. You are doing a superb job and it’s gonna looking stunning once finished. Nice job. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

Many thank's Dave,as you can tell I'm blown away by how good this kit is for it's age pity that anyone wishing to build one are now paying collectors prices which sadly will

put many off I wonder if the moulds are long gone as I think this is the only 1/32 MB kit not released by Revell.

• Like 1

What amazing progress you have made on this one. I am very happy that the moulding has turned out to be such high quality, it would be very interesting to find out what actually happened to the moulds after Matchbox folded.

It is great work,

Ray

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Daniel Cox said:

Awesome progress @stevej60, your build looks tremendous. Thanks so much for sharing your progress and enthusiasm.

Thank's Daniel.

32 minutes ago, Ray S said:

What amazing progress you have made on this one. I am very happy that the moulding has turned out to be such high quality, it would be very interesting to find out what actually happened to the moulds after Matchbox folded.

It is great work,

Ray

Thank's Ray,it does seem odd why this kit's not turned up in a Revell boxing especially as Revell's 1/32 F occasionally re-surfaces.

Hi folk's, here's where I am with this one tonight, had I known how the wheel inserts would have been positioned before the legs clipped in I probably would

have tinkered to give a more splayed angle which the real aircraft certainly had but it is as Matchbox made it so happy enough with her.

20220423_191242

• Like 12

Looks the business Steve and that 109 undercarriage splay is certainly a feature of the real aircraft. Did you deviate slightly from the instructions or is this a common issue with this kit? Lovely progress and paintwork. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looks the business Steve and that 109 undercarriage splay is certainly a feature of the real aircraft. Did you deviate slightly from the instructions or is this a common issue with this kit? Lovely progress and paintwork. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Not sure Dave there's a triangular insert that the U/C legs slot into which can onlt fit in one way so I know they're correct it's not till the legs click in that you notice the 

sit isn't quite right.

• Like 1

Evening folk's a decal session tonight and they behaved beautifully,another gloss coat will seal them in after a couple of small stencils are put on then a light

weathering is in order.I had a message from Mattlow who has an unboxed kit buried in the stash so for a cracking price another one should be arriving maybe

for the Matchbox 3 GB🙂

20220426_200208

• Like 10