Bf109E in 1/32 scale.x2 xxxxFinishedxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi folk's finally got the kit I had wanted for this GB since it was first proposed,not my favoured e-bay bargain basement price had to go to £40

but the buy it now boys are wanting a lot more and let's face it these kits are getting very rare.Sellers photo's look good if the decals are fine it's

a bonus but AM decals for this aircraft abound.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Well done Steve👍

I look forward to seeing this one build up.

Cheers Greg 🍻

Thank's JM and Greg really can't wait to get started on this one never built it before and not a kit we see  much so feeling a lot of responsibility to do it justice!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's JM and Greg really can't wait to get started on this one never built it before and not a kit we see  much so feeling a lot of responsibility to do it justice!

No binning this one please 🙏

Hi folk's,kit arrived yesterday in good condition.I noticed straight away the decal's are beyond help so AM decals are being looked at for a BoB  era finish.Another

thing struck me as this is the first time I've seen this kit in the flesh is how refined the moldings are compared to the other 1/32 MB kits I have built all in fact except

the Lysander.In the same way it always seemed their bi-plane kits were lovingly designed this looks like it was also a labour of love for the designer!

Anyway big old box she arrived in.

20220408_101403

Sprue attachment points really delicate and the plastic hasn't hardened with age either.First job a wash in soapy water!

20220408_101346

A decent cockpit supplied only the sidewall needs a bit of detailing but not going overboard.

• Like 12

Nice work, your cockpit looks great Steve, I'm working on the engine at the moment.

How was the state of the back deck storage area behind the seat? mine has a big ejector pin mark and a rough area at the bottom end.

Anyway thanks for posting, I have been looking forward to your one arriving, and am glad you're cracking on with it.

Cheers,

Daniel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel Cox said:

How was the state of the back deck storage area behind the seat? mine has a big ejector pin mark and a rough area at the bottom end.

Thank's Daniel,the ejector pin was present but not too bad so I didn't deal with it,I hope to have the cockpit gun assembly done over the weekend.

• Like 1

Evening folk's,pleased with first days progress with the basics in place more little painting touches to do and the harness to make for the cockpit.

20220409_190038

• Like 13

Steve, I must admit that when I saw the date of your first post, I was worried that it might be a prank.  I'm very glad to see that wasn't :winkgrin:.

Enjoy your build!

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's,kit arrived yesterday in good condition.I noticed straight away the decal's are beyond help so AM decals are being looked at for a BoB  era finish.Another

thing struck me as this is the first time I've seen this kit in the flesh is how refined the moldings are compared to the other 1/32 MB kits I have built all in fact except

the Lysander.In the same way it always seemed their bi-plane kits were lovingly designed this looks like it was also a labour of love for the designer!

Anyway big old box she arrived in.

20220408_101403

Sprue attachment points really delicate and the plastic hasn't hardened with age either.First job a wash in soapy water!

20220408_101346

A decent cockpit supplied only the sidewall needs a bit of detailing but not going overboard.

What??

You built them all but never built the 1/32 Lysander!???

Sacrilege 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Evening folk's,with only the  to detail 'mm happy with the cockpit.Little dark wash into the detail's,seat pad made from Blu-tack and harness from masking tape.

I'm not using the pilot figure but his shute is on the seat ready.

20220410_174329

• Like 14

I loved making this kit as a kid in the early eighties! Got an itch to make another, but they never turn up for the right price when I'm looking 😆   Great job on this one s far 👍

• Like 2

The big GB Host thread catch up starts here and I’m so glad you’ve managed to find this particular kit and decide to build it for us here. I do say, it really looks quite good and you’re doing a great job of it so far. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

Hi folk's,engine painting begun,a dry run shows a lot of tweaking,cutting and sanding to get the cowl fitted,I think I'm going for the all glued up option but

I will be nice to have the engine in there anyway.

20220412_112833

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Lovely work, Steve. 1/32 is a great scale but not easily stored! Surely cowlings can stay removeable to have a peek at the engine and m/g's on a regular basis?

Thank,s Mike,I,ll have a better idea of the fit soon then make my mind up.

• Like 1

Evening folk's,got a session in this afternoon so started the clean up and assembly of the wing's.Masked off the upper wings for wheel well painting and

fitted the intake covers now sprayed  ready for the radiators to be fitted.

20220413_191338

As I expected the engine would not fit at all there must be a knack to leave the cowling and prop to come off for display but I resorted to fitting it permanently in place.

20220413_193204

The rear of the cowling is in place and drying once dry I need to glue the front section which needs tweaking to get the shape right as it's slightly warped.

20220413_193643

So far so good,nothing that couldn't be easily be dealt with very enjoyable experience!

• Like 7

All looking really good Steve, its nice seeing Matchbox’s coloured plastic in large 1/32 scale although its a shame you’ve had to permanently hide that lovely engine. Never mind, a good fit is what’s required so thats the compromise here. Nice work mate. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 3