Bf109E in 1/32 scale.x2 xxxxFinishedxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

I had a message from Mattlow who has an unboxed kit buried in the stash so for a cracking price another one should be arriving maybe

for the Matchbox 3 GB🙂

Now that's just greedy 😄

The build is coming along a pace Steve, very impressive! 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quiet Mike said:

Now that's just greedy 😄

I'll second that, however glad to hear (and see) that this kit is still worth purchasing and building. The decals just lift what was already a beautiful build, even higher. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Hi folk's there is still progress on this one as the canopy is painted waiting a tidy up and fitting once she's had a matt coat. I had a fix of the under carriage and

much happier with the angle and the tail wheel is painted and fitted.I messaged @FalkeEins to seek his wisdom on this aircraft as there are variations in the nose

spinner colour and side engine panel's(take a look at the famous photo of the real thing after crash landing) some have interpreted them being white but I think it's

a trick of the light,anyway the spinner stays black and white but I've painted the wingtip area white.Exhaust staining added while the airbrush was loaded for my

Blitzbuild 109G!

20220501_202026

Four hours work from this.

20220501_152034

To This!

20220501_201116

• Like 5

On 01/05/2022 at 20:59, George Norman said:

That has come out really nice. Never built this one. This was never re issued under another brand was it? if not Why?

Never been re-released George which is a crime! As for this one she should be done by the weekend canopy all painted and cleaned up and weathering done

ready for a dry day and rattle can matt coat,a dark wash into the panel lines and a few passes with thinned dark gray is all I did,also I saw a superb build in RFI

a few weeks back (sadly I can't remember who's) and loved the fact they had shown mud splatters on the underside from the wheel's so promptly "nicked" the

Idea.

20220504_194049

20220504_194118

And on the subject of old classic kits this beast arrived via Pete in Lincs for this years STGB for the Lockheed Lightning!

IMG-20220503-WA0000

• Like 7

19 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Never been re-released George which is a crime! As for this one she should be done by the weekend canopy all painted and cleaned up and weathering done

ready for a dry day and rattle can matt coat,a dark wash into the panel lines and a few passes with thinned dark gray is all I did,also I saw a superb build in RFI

a few weeks back (sadly I can't remember who's) and loved the fact they had shown mud splatters on the underside from the wheel's so promptly "nicked" the

Idea.

20220504_194049

20220504_194118

And on the subject of old classic kits this beast arrived via Pete in Lincs for this years STGB for the Lockheed Lightning!

IMG-20220503-WA0000

Oh

Right

mmm...

I've got a couple of Academy P-38's that will need building some time

Never done a goup build

geez...mmm

Oh BTW keep up the good work on the 109!

• Like 1

That 109 is looking great, I am not very up on Luftwaffe stuff but it looks just right to me, the P-38 reminds me that I have never built one of those, have to keep that one in mind.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

• stevej60 changed the title to Bf109E in 1/32 scale.XXXXXFinishedXXXXXXX

Hi folk's finished what has turned out to be my favourite MB kit to do,never built one but always wanted to and it didn't disappoint luckily and thanks to Matt I have

two un started and one just started kit's now in the stash and you can bet I'll be on to them soon.

20220508_111906

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 13/04/2022 at 21:55, Rabbit Leader said:

All looking really good Steve, its nice seeing Matchbox’s coloured plastic in large 1/32 scale although its a shame you’ve had to permanently hide that lovely engine. Never mind, a good fit is what’s required so thats the compromise here. Nice work mate. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Thank's Dave much appreciated,I got another one for a song off Matt which landed a few days ago and turned out to be enough parts for three other builds,six week's

this one took so I'm thinking can I do another in less than four as I won't put an engine in just for it never to be seen I probably could do a half decent job in time.

I'll crack on as I have about an hour a morning before work see where I am be the weekend and take it from there,got a totally different scheme in mind too.

20220510_110808

• Like 6

• stevej60 changed the title to Bf109E in 1/32 scale.Or maybe two?
20 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Dave much appreciated,I got another one for a song off Matt which landed a few days ago and turned out to be enough parts for three other builds,six week's

this one took so I'm thinking can I do another in less than four as I won't put an engine in just for it never to be seen I probably could do a half decent job in time.

I'll crack on as I have about an hour a morning before work see where I am be the weekend and take it from there,got a totally different scheme in mind too.

20220510_110808

Who in their right mind would attempt more than one build of the same kit in a GB?

😉

Good luck, the first one turned out beautifully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Evening folk's,plodded on this last week and pleased with progress.Same process as the first as far as the cockpit finish so didn't bother photographing it

but here's where I am tonight.I did add evergreen strip to the wheel wells for a bit of detail.

20220513_203014

• Like 2

Morning all, well I've got where I wanted to be by the weekend all filled and sanded (though a little more work on the rear fuselage look's needed).Matt's box of

trick's included an AM fuel tank and fixture's so used it.Scheme wise I was about to order another Techmod sheet but took a peek on KK's discount decal section

and there was the very sheet at only £6 and a bonus Superscale P-38 Lightning sheet for £5 which solves the problem of my 1/32 build for the STGB later this

year happy day's,look's like this one will be a yellow nosed BoB version with the higher fuselage demarcation line and full mottling though I'm tempted to try the

kit decal's for the Slovak AF they look usable.Anyway need a can of primer so that's it till Monday now.

20220514_111644

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

I'm tempted to try the

kit decal's for the Slovak AF they look usable.

You could always shoot for a third build?

I'll get me flying jacket...

• Haha 2

Hi folk's,decals arrived thought this would be the scheme to do just that bit different to the first one and plenty of yellow! Added bonus of it being the mount of one

of the Luftwaffe's legendary Pilot's.

20220515_113327

• Like 2