Not the Wicked Wabbit

Hi Everyone

I’m calling the Wicked Wabbit done. This is the truly excellent Tamiya 1/48 scale P-47 and it’s been in a state of partial completion for about four years, wish I’d just settled down and got it done in one session.

It’s also the first time I’ve used a Montex mask and wet transfer set and it won’t be the last, they really are superb and make the model sing. Other than that, the model is basically out the box except for the seat belts which are home made. Hope you like it..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kind regards

Trace

• Like 60
  • Thanks 3

Absolute stunning! Your weathering is, as Sky Keg said very precise ! Exactly the style I like! So this is really a winner ! 
Hope you don’t mind, when I say that the propellerblades could tolerate a little weathering too. But maybe the mechanics just changed it to a new one. So no worry please. Got this kit and the decals too in the stash, but always hesitate to use the decal, because I thought I thought the model would look a little bit too colorful, or even a little bit kitschy, but you blow my worries away. It looks absolutely amazing! Thank you very much for sharing ! 
Have to put my fingers out and start this one. May I ask wich color you use for the wheelbay? It looks so real!!!!

have a nice day and thank you for these perfect pictures!

Andy 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Longbow said:

That’s very nice !!

20 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

I like that Trace. 😍  Very accurate, precise weathering and assembly.  :goodjob:

Mike

19 hours ago, Mark_C said:

That is very well done, and well-photographed, to boot!  Good job!

19 hours ago, Maginot said:

Very nice job. Paint, weathering and transfers look great. By Jove! The old jug certainly packs a punch carrying all that ordnance.

16 hours ago, IvanP said:

Wow! Fantastic build!

Ivan

14 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Absolute stunning! Your weathering is, as Sky Keg said very precise ! Exactly the style I like! So this is really a winner ! 
Hope you don’t mind, when I say that the propellerblades could tolerate a little weathering too. But maybe the mechanics just changed it to a new one. So no worry please. Got this kit and the decals too in the stash, but always hesitate to use the decal, because I thought I thought the model would look a little bit too colorful, or even a little bit kitschy, but you blow my worries away. It looks absolutely amazing! Thank you very much for sharing ! 
Have to put my fingers out and start this one. May I ask wich color you use for the wheelbay? It looks so real!!!!

have a nice day and thank you for these perfect pictures!

Andy 

14 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Well worth the wait, absolutely gorgeous, good job!

12 hours ago, Andrei G said:

Awesome result!

12 hours ago, mick said:

great work

9 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Wavishing Wabbitbolt! Weally convincing weathering and scuffing, looking exctly wight to these ol' eyes!

Kind wegards,

Joachim

9 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Tremendous.... Love the weathering.

8 hours ago, Dric said:

Lovely Jug for sure 👌

8 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

The Wicked Wabbit is a worthy winner of the wreath of the ... Sorry, ran out of words there. 😄

Excellent paintwork on those wings. Just fabulous! 

8 hours ago, franky boy said:

Top work!

I too love Montex Masks. 

James

6 hours ago, Toryu said:

That's a great 'Jug'! Excellent detail and camouflage, and the photography is superb, too.

6 hours ago, Rod bettencourt said:

Bravo!!! Thanks for sharing.

Rod

6 hours ago, Samuraiwarrior said:

Excellent paint job, the weathering on the wings is just exquisite. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks absolutely stunning.  What a cracking model,  I do like your paint and weathering especially where the footfall is around the wingroutes .  Great work. 

Chris

2 hours ago, russ c said:

Really nice Thunderbolt there, great weathering too

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

A true masterpiece.

Many thanks to all for the fabulous comments it's really appreciated. To answer Andy's comments I tend to stick with Tamiya paints and the wheel wells are painted with XF-4 yellow green, then weathered with artist oils. Also I think you're right Andy the propeller blades are under weathered even for my tastes.

Regards

Trace

• Like 5