1/35 ISU-152 "Beast Killer"

Not sure about the ‘shelf of doom’, this one nearly went to the ‘wall of death’ more than once!

Nothing wrong with the kit, just struggled with it for some reason. Had big ideas of making a diorama with 5 or 6 figures, an improvised barricade, 7.62 Maxim MG, etc. However, this all when out the window as I just wanted it finished.

Made a couple of minor improvements, but nothing much. The railway sleeper was made from coffee stirrers and the ammo is from Miniart.

E7Syyui.jpgKoQ4q86.jpg

yevvurh.jpg

wqTNc7K.jpg

Thanks for looking,

George

• Like 31

Hi George,

Nice brute "Zveroboy", with a subtle but effective finish, and the rear stowage is very well finished, with its piece of wood securely fastened.
I also made one of these but from Zvezda, as a first purchase when I returned to the hobby, and it served as a guinea pig to catch up.
It's a strange vehicle, I like it, although I don't know if I'd do another one again, I don't know if it's something like that, which is why you've been hesitating so much to finish it as you say.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:47 PM, FrancisGL said:

Hi George,

Nice brute "Zveroboy", with a subtle but effective finish, and the rear stowage is very well finished, with its piece of wood securely fastened.
I also made one of these but from Zvezda, as a first purchase when I returned to the hobby, and it served as a guinea pig to catch up.
It's a strange vehicle, I like it, although I don't know if I'd do another one again, I don't know if it's something like that, which is why you've been hesitating so much to finish it as you say.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Hi Francis,

I can't really put my finger on why i struggled with it. Maybe it is because it is a big lump of a tank without a lot going on. Flat panels, no turret, etc. Like you, i don't think i will be building another in the near future.

George

• 2 weeks later...

Beautifully done and finished.  I seem to have a problem with "over-weathering" my tanks, mostly because I do armour so seldom and just haven't had the practice, but I have to say that your weathering looks spot-on!  It definitely looks like it's seen some action and the interior smells like sweaty tank crew and vodka.

• Thanks 1