Airfix 1:24 Harrier GR.1 - conversion to GR.3 possible?

bootneck

I have an Airfix 1:24 scale Harrier GR.1 kit and, with the Falklands 40th anniversary imminent, I would like to know how difficult it would be to convert to a GR.3.   Apart from the addition of a thimble nose, can anyone please advise what else would be requred to bring the kit up to a GR.3 version?

cheers,

Mike

Nose, RWR on the fin and tail, increase the height of the fin tip and (missed by Airfix) convert the two electrical system outlets on the upper fuselage to a single one slightly further back. (They got that right on the SHAR). I think there is an additional mesh vent on the tail boom (first appeared on the GR1A)

If Falklands, you need to add the bump under the nose too.

There are a few antennae as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Nose, RWR on the fin and tail, increase the height of the fin tip and (missed by Airfix) convert the two electrical system outlets on the upper fuselage to a single one slightly further back. (They got that right on the SHAR). I think there is an additional mesh vent on the tail boom (first appeared on the GR1A)

If Falklands, you need to add the bump under the nose too.

There are a few antennae as well.

The fin tip error was on the 1/72 kit not the 1/24!

As the 1/24 kit was issued later as a GR3 it would be prudent to ask if anybody has the GR3 parts and Laser nose from that kit going spare if they has built it up as a GR1.

Selwyn

• Thanks 1