Hasegawa Jaguar Gr.1/A as an A of EC.4/11 'Jura' during the Gulf War

You're not alone there, Steve, I've found myself drawn more to desert camo since coming back to the hobby last year too.

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The devil is in the detail & that apart from a couple of glitches has held me up a bit, the worst being a nasty tummy bug witch laid me low for 3 days this week, the rest of the family had it & it is one of those things doing the rounds a bit just now. I'm a mere shadow of the man I used to be. ;) :D Knocking off one of the tail planes & ventral fins didn't help either. The load out options from Hasegawa were sparse in the extreme & really not that suitable for my chosen subject, in the end I compromised on a rocket pod on each inner pylon, two would have been better, but there was only one double carrier & two rocket pods in the kit. :( I robbed a centreline tank which looked right & seemed spare from the SH Mirage F.1 kit as well as a Barax ECM pod on the port outer pylon & a Matra R.550 on the starboard outer. This was painted as per the kit callout, no idea if it is correct. :shrug: all the load out info was from the pages of dstorm.eu. It really just needs a couple of tiny touch ups & the ever forgiving satin varnish to look OK, I reckon. :)

DSCF3420

DSCF3421

The final photos will appear in the gallery.

Steve.

• Like 5

Lovely job Steve 👍 it's a shame the major issues all seem to come say the end of a build, but glad you overcame the lurgy and the traditional 'knocking off of all the bits' ceremony in such style 😂

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alan P said:

traditional 'knocking off of all the bits' ceremony

Thanks Alan, its always been a rite of passage I've tried to avoid by leaving the sticky out breaky off bits till last but this time I think the number of them kind of overwhelmed me a bit. :unsure:

Steve.