ETIHAD Airways Airbus A320 /// A6-EIM 1:144

Hey Folks,

last one (probably for a year or so...) this A320 was the second in the dual build. Initially it was planned as a custom order in aer lingus colors, but it turned out to be fraud. so my wife choose etihad, where she worked as cabin crew for a couple of years.

The etihad base color is quite difficult to mix, again i managed to go MRP only more or less. The decals were used from the Revell kit, and they were a bit stubborn, to be honest. the fit was ok, but its chemical reaction with solution and clear coat was far from ideal. Anyway, in the end a plane rolled out haha.

you can find the WIP here:

Things i corrected, added and modified:

- Full cockpit including displays etc.

- Modified cabin windows (shape corrected with masks)

- Window blinds

- RAT case (scratched)

- Wing fuel pumps (scratched)

- Pack outlets (3d printed)

- APU inlet (3d printed)

- Landing lights, beacons, wing lights

- Wheel wells from PE

- Outflow valve case and flaps

- WBF panel screws

- ResKit main wheels

- Static dischargers (molten plastic, no good idea, next time paintbrush hair again)

- Pitots from PE

- AoA sensors scratched

- Taxi&turn off lights with lenses

- Custom decals for WBF seals

Hope you like the model. Next models to be build are two 787s, one 773, a763 and a DC8.

i think im gonna do at least one WIP, but i dont know yet which one...

IMG_4132 IMG_4135 IMG_4137 IMG_4148 IMG_4149 IMG_4143 IMG_4141 IMG_4140 IMG_4139 IMG_4138 IMG_4136 IMG_4134 IMG_4131 IMG_4133 IMG_4129

• Like 35

Superb finish, probably one of the more difficult A320's to pull off due to that base colour, you've made an absolute gem out of this one, well done!

Rich

• Like 1

I nearly missed this!

Thanks for sharing another beauty particularly in the elusive Ethiad livery which you have captured to perfection.

I'm looking forward to your next batch particularly the DC-8.

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 12:38 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

It's strange that while I have little interest in airliners, a model as perfectly finished as this makes me smile so much. Well done.

Haha thank you, that's great! i absolutely feel with you, if the model is well made, it doesn't matter too much what it is. If you are interested, check out the 757. It is my last model and personally i would say it is better than the Etihad 320.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:12 PM, Skodadriver said:

I nearly missed this!

Thanks for sharing another beauty particularly in the elusive Ethiad livery which you have captured to perfection.

I'm looking forward to your next batch particularly the DC-8.

Dave G 🇺🇦

haha thanks Dave, allthough i must say it is not my personal number one. Btw the DC8 will be LH cargo.

On 4/3/2022 at 8:02 PM, Viking said:

I nearly missed it too! lovely work as usual, the cockpit interior looks great.

Cheers

John

thank you! i always found it important to replicate the visible parts on the flight deck...and sometimes not so visible parts haha

18 hours ago, BluesModeller said:

Now THAT is stunning!

thank you!

thanks to everyone for your nice comments!

• 1 month later...

Ou-DA (ooh-yes!)  These Arab countries liveries are handsome and rich-looking and Etihad is the most perfect of them! Great work and congratulations! Nice aircraft miniature 👍

• Like 1

Hi mate

Brilliant A320 finished in a livery which is difficult to replicate - I'm also totally amazed at the level of detail you achieve in your builds. Your WIP build thread was extremely good too and very helpful. Your work has inspired me to try harder to achieve better built airliners.

Cheers

Tim 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 7:49 PM, Back in the Saddle said:

Not bad...!😉

Seriously, this is probably the nicest airliner build I've seen on here, the attention to detail is outstanding. Excellent work, even better than usual!

thx Matt, alltough i personally think the el al 757 came out a bit better. :)

On 5/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, Lewis95 said:

Absolutely gorgeous finish on that. Well done matey

thx lewis :)

On 5/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, Malair said:

That's just wonderful. Excellent paint job. Very tight all way round!

thank you! glad you like it.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, Timo said:

Hi mate

Brilliant A320 finished in a livery which is difficult to replicate - I'm also totally amazed at the level of detail you achieve in your builds. Your WIP build thread was extremely good too and very helpful. Your work has inspired me to try harder to achieve better built airliners.

Cheers

Tim 

yes, and i also did not hit the color tone a 100% 😕 its quite hard to actually match it.

very good, i also improve myself with inputs from other modellers.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Really superb!  Just seeing this now--all the detail work you put into it in 1/44 scale is simply mind-boggling, and the results worth it.

thx kenny, surprised that someone actually digged out this thread :D

On 5/26/2022 at 10:11 PM, tMikha said:

Ou-DA (ooh-yes!)  These Arab countries liveries are handsome and rich-looking and Etihad is the most perfect of them! Great work and congratulations! Nice aircraft miniature 👍

very true... in the 80ies and 90ies it was even better...