1/72 - Piper PA-28 161/181/236 Warrior II/Archer II & Dakota 3D printed kit by VFR Models - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Piper PA-28 161/181/236 Warrior II/Archer II & Dakota 3D printed kit by VFR Models - released

Looks a nice kit and I was on the VFR website only a short while ago thinking about the AA5 Tiger but can anyone enlighten me as to why its so much more expensive than the other kits (£36) compared to the Aerostar at £27?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2022 at 23:37, Avro730 said:

Looks a nice kit and I was on the VFR website only a short while ago thinking about the AA5 Tiger but can anyone enlighten me as to why its so much more expensive than the other kits (£36) compared to the Aerostar at £27?

Hi there, Harry from VFR here. I did the Grumman as a sub contracted cast resin kit. It was a lovely result, especially with cast clear parts, but I agree its a bit pricy for what it is. But the difference is reflected in cost of sale unfortunately.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

Harry, I suspect there would be a lot of love for a straight-wing PA28-140. I've got about 150 hours on various examples, and I'm sure I'm not the only one ...

Don't Aifix do one? That's the arrow, my mistake. I'm glad we have tapered wing Pipers. The Stumpy straight wings always looked odd out the window!

20 hours ago, tonyp said:

Don't Aifix do one? That's the arrow, my mistake. I'm glad we have tapered wing Pipers. The Stumpy straight wings always looked odd out the window!

I have two PA 28 - 140 in my collection 

They are the Aurora tooled kits from years ago.  Have just nearly finished restoring my second one. See thread on  Piper restoration s.

• Like 1