Airfix Vampire 1/72

This is a lovely little kit, isn't it.  I built one a while back and loved it.  Yours has come together really nicely indeed, and the extra fettling in the cockpit was well worth the effort.

9 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Very nice! The silver turns out very realistic. Wich brand did you use , if I may ask?

Andy 

I knew someone would ask that.  I was trying to remember when I was snapping the pics.  I'm pretty sure it is Alclad, probably aluminium.

And an oil wash in the panel lines.

Can't even remember what I added to the cockpit.  Bang seat handles obviously, but not sure what else.  The thing went so well (unusual for me), I just can't recall.

• Like 2

Love it!  Wish I’d had the courage to pose the canopy open on mine.

Have  you added a wiper to the windscreen?  Don’t recall one in the kit.  This is the sort of added detail I like, but in this case overlooked on my build

Dave

11 hours ago, Dave Slowbuild said:

Love it!  Wish I’d had the courage to pose the canopy open on mine.

Have  you added a wiper to the windscreen?  Don’t recall one in the kit.  This is the sort of added detail I like, but in this case overlooked on my build

Dave

It is molded into the canopy so I just painted it.

8 hours ago, MODeller said:

Really nice build. One critisim the intakes appear to be upside down.

Are they?  That'll teach me for not looking at the instructions properly....though I notice plenty of others have them upside down as well!