747 SP and LCF models questions 1/144 1/72

If this has been discussed here already, you can point me whichever way and delete this. Was there a 1/72 747SP model? What would be the dimensions in 1/72? I think I saw Welsh making one long ago, maybe not. Eastern Express makes one in 1/144 but it goes for well over $100. Is it worth it or better to get one from AA? Is there any talk anywhere of a 747 LCF (large cargo freighter, "Dream Lifter") being made if kit or conversion in 1/144?

There are/were some 1/72 747s available from Anigrand and Transport Wings (Aircraft in miniature) These are either 747-100/200 or -300.

Don't know about an -SP in that scale.But it would be roughly 77cm in legth and 83 cm wingspan.

I have built the Eastern Express 747SP.Its in my opinion a great kit,highly detailed and nicely moulded.

As I have read in my WIP and RFI threads the EE kit is equally good/accurate compared with the AA resin kit.

So its the builders choice what to get.Resin or injection moulded as resin kits are not everybodies favourite.

Hope that helps ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

There are/were some 1/72 747s available from Anigrand and Transport Wings (Aircraft in miniature) These are either 747-100/200 or -300.

Don't know about an -SP in that scale.But it would be roughly 77cm in legth and 83 cm wingspan.

I have built the Eastern Express 747SP.Its in my opinion a great kit,highly detailed and nicely moulded.

As I have read in my WIP and RFI threads the EE kit is equally good/accurate compared with the AA resin kit.

So its the builders choice what to get.Resin or injection moulded as resin kits are not everybodies favourite.

Hope that helps ?

Yes it does help, I'll have to keep my eye out for one in both scales. I'm going to be making display cabinets soon and doubt the full length 1/72 will fit, plus they hit around $500+. I don't mind resin and made one vac form so far.

2 hours ago, Orso said:

You have a WIP of the EE-kit here: 

Thanks for the link.