Ok here are the sprue shots. LLG0aLX.jpg

I need help from the experts, this is from a box of 4 buffalo kits that I bought as a deal. They came with no decals and were not on sprue’s. Can someone verify that this is an actual Matchbox kit. The colors tell me yes but not 100% sure. I know the tires come from an old Aoshima kit as this one didn't seem to have any, Hopefully that is acceptable ? In case anyone was curious the four kits were Matchbox, Revell, Airfix, and Aoshima. The Revell and Aoshima look to be based off one another. The have almost the exact same construction. The only real difference is the Aoshima kit attempts to do separate control surfaces and working gear. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello Pat @JOCKNEY 

Looks like I qualify as the literal Definition of an Expert being an Unknown Quantity of a Drip under Pressure. 

Just taken some photos of one of mine.  Will upload them when my iphone and laptop decide to talk to each other. 

But in the mean time yes red and off white / cream are the colours of the one I took photos of so it is Matchbox but the Sprue shots will show what is missing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks Rob

It looks like Dennis has the high performance Buffalo with the contra-rotating twin props going by the picture, should make for an interesting build ! :whistle:

Cheers Pat 

I had the extra prop because different versions had different types. Im still not sure which markings I will go with. Early war USN/USMC and Finnish are in a tie. Golden-wings USN will be done when I can get an Tamiya 1/50 kit. 

• Like 2

Definitely a Matchbox one Dennis. I'm not sure that the Matchbox kit is correct for a F2A-1/B-239 as flown by the USN & Ilmavoimat, which were a bit diiferent around the engine compared to the B-339 version the Matchbox kit sort of replicates, even the F2A-2 USN version will need some modifications to achieve but less so than the earlier ones. It depends of cause on how fixated you are about accuracy for it, even for the B-339, it is a bit approximate. :unsure:

Steve.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks Rob

It looks like Dennis has the high performance Buffalo with the contra-rotating twin props going by the picture, should make for an interesting build ! :whistle:

Cheers Pat 

Now that I think about it, a Buffalo racer ? Now that might make for an interesting Whif which would keep me going in the Whif's like my first two builds ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Now that I think about it, a Buffalo racer ? Now that might make for an interesting Whif which would keep me going in the Whif's like my first two builds ? 

If you are going down the Whif route, surely the only option is a float equipped Water Buffalo 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

If you are going down the Whif route, surely the only option is a float equipped Water Buffalo 😜

If I had floats I might actually do it ? If Grumman can make a flying wildcat-fish Brewster could have done a water Buffalo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone … well off to a flying start. Doing a bit of research and focusing on RAF in S.E.A. Or possibly one of the Dutch/RAAF/USAAF planes in Australia, most likely this one. 

4hBYS4x.jpg

Only issue with that is I have no Dutch insignia. I can scratch up the other's but the Orange/Black triangles are a different story. XhXTeHB.jpg

I have to say the plastic feels a bit off, its almost soapy in its feel ? And when I add TeT it dyes the little brush from the bottle. CwaThhs.jpg

xduLEtr.jpg

rlexPI4.jpg

zVTgU8B.jpg

Q2UCwii.jpg

And in case anyone was wondering the tail is pretty good as far as level. 

SNISCI1.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone been a good long while since I posted. My apologies but been busy with the Mig-21 and Sherman group build hosting duties. Added to that Ive had a family crisis and cold which has taken its toll on my free time. However excuses not withstanding Ive got this ready for paint, all I need do is wipe it down with alcohol. eYgSq7c.jpg

Yw1RLjx.jpg

RhIah8B.jpg

MiZj5FK.jpg

Im thinking I will go Finnish and make @vppelt68 happy ? Provided this is the correct version for a Finnish Brewster ? If not will stick with my original Dutch/RAAF/USAAF hand me down. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 10

On 5/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im thinking I will go Finnish and make @vppelt68 happy ?

The Matchbox kit is more representative of the B-339 Buffalo as operated by the NEI/RAF/RAAF & as the F2A-2, the US Marine Corps/USN. The Finnish B-239 was a little longer & had the exhausts mounted much lower. 

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

The Matchbox kit is more representative of the B-339 Buffalo as operated by the NEI/RAF/RAAF & as the F2A-2, the US Marine Corps/USN. The Finnish B-239 was a little longer & had the exhausts mounted much lower. 

Steve.

Thanks looks like I stick with my original plan then. 

• Like 1

Good morning everyone … I was able to get the first color of paint on. The grey took 3 heavy coats to cover the red plastic. fQodnH6.jpg

I still have the two greens to do but will let this cure for a day or two. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 11

Good evening everyone … The paint is on and hopefully its looking ok out there. I like it and once its cleared it should help a bit. NodOFm4.jpg

Y4PyhxD.jpg

CwWhNns.jpg

UEqNbU5.jpg

i39JwNy.jpg

IW0x7Vs.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 7

Good morning everyone … Decals what few there are are on the plane. eWTY2nm.jpg

spr58Qf.jpg

I opted to do B-396 which according to the two photo’s I have don't have the Orange triangular roundels on top. ZDya6F4.jpg

Me2jW9D.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions or post comments. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hi Dennis,

the camo has turned out beautifully, the Oudblad/Jongblad combination looks excellent. Looking forward to the final reveal when all the odds and ends are on and the canopy is unmasked!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1