Good morning everyone … so all the spitfires are up to the sane stage now. Bdyj1yb.jpg
Mk.XII, Mk.Vc trop., Mk.Vb.trop. and Vb.       I will be moving into rough sanding and re-scribing in the next phase, then adding the stabs. Here are some closer photo’s of the Mk.XII. Starboard wing root, Under surface rear of wing to fuselage are the big fit gaps. PMGisP3.jpg

6wNHNqm.jpg

XZgHIcS.jpg

The worst part of the kit us the little piece that goes in right behind the cowling. Why did they do that ? I have the Airwaves 1/48 Mk.XII conversion kit for the old Airfix Mk.V kit. It gad exactly the same problem and is one of the reasons I shelved that darn build 20 years ago. So my solution here is to add the plastic tabs so the piece doesn't get swallowed by the hole. Last up is the Airfix Vc. I left the protecters around the cannon until just before paint. Please feel free to ask questions or post comments. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 17

• 1 month later...

Woo hoo  :yahoo: Ive finally finished all the sanding, filing, filling, and re-scribing on the 1/72 Spitfire’s. The Special hobby is still under way. So I can start paint soon on the small builds, keep a lookout for updates.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delays just a wee bit overloaded with builds at the moment. Rest assured work is moving forward on these. First up are Malta Vc and 92 Sq. Vb. gMBgDy2.jpg

Nh9Ju6P.jpg

06HGlbZ.jpg

TKtxz6Z.jpg

Here is the Vb. 46PFMut.jpg

IixrXAx.jpg

And last up is the USN Vb. TxUuA5N.jpg

Thats Ike’s Mustang from D-day next to it. 

TYzEf4O.jpg

IDnAmB3.jpg

aOZjW8R.jpg

The Mk.XII is still under construction so no photo’s as of right now. please feel free to ask questions or post comments. 

Dennis

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone … next round is up, the Desert air force 92 Squadron and Malta birds are finished. BECHJnu.jpg

Vb on the left, Vc on the right. vUQNnVf.jpg

KitI2p7.jpg

blVksV8.jpg

Now painted in the USN Blue-grey color. jxFp30Q.jpg

50STMgm.jpg

Y8fKKP4.jpg

2sdZTHa.jpg

92 Sq. Vb. 
Uj2jYvl.jpg

efDvyyZ.jpg

YnHIBgd.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, or post comments. 

Dennis

PS - Just the greens to go on the USN Vb tomorrow. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Lovely painting Dennis,  those Desert schemes look wonderful. 

Chris

Agreed 100%, that's one catchy scheme! :clap: :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone … well were almost there, just the yellow leading edge on the VCS-7 Mk.Vb. 

2FQSxqZ.jpg

XKGEk5H.jpg

There is a sky band but its hard to see next to the white. Mp0RQCS.jpg

wAtuMPk.jpg

11dGBf1.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comment's or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Ooh boy three months …. My deepest apologies these builds have gone dormant. Its a case of me getting overwhelmed with group build commitments. I was up until 12 noon U.K. time decaling four separate builds. Three of which were the Spitfires here in this build. First up is the new tool Airfix Mk.Vc in Johnny Plagis 249 Sq. markings Malta. REOzMEx.jpg

l9GCrnA.jpg

k6BaRZR.jpg

coFli3k.jpg

Next up is Spitfire Mk.Vb EP401 QJ-Q P/O John Waddy, 92 Sqn. RAF, Alamein October 1942. pFu3Kbv.jpg

PZ1oUPS.jpg

o9NFjlX.jpg

DW9cGOv.jpg

Last up is Spitfire MkVb flown by USN VCS 7 4Z Lt. Robert Doyle Normandy 1944/06/06. I chose 4Z As it was one of the few that had the 6 stub stack exhaust's. The rest still had the early 3 stub type. 

3hX8gjy.jpg

hhGpsaJ.jpg

rgjBIrm.jpg

Ms8Zcjf.jpg

Last is a link showing a short story about VCS-7 and a photo of Lt.Doyle. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39633/yes-the-u-s-navy-also-took-the-spitfire-into-battle-during-world-war-ii

Hopefully with a bit of luck I will be able to get the decals done on my Mustang project soon. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 13

On 29/03/2022 at 01:43, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello and good evening everyone, I’m planning on doing a multi build of Spitfires now that Ive finished my USS Essex air wing build. I will be building three spitfires to start a Mk.XII and two Mk.Vb’s. Ho36yd3.jpg

The Mk.XII was a gift from a member and very overdue for a start. The two Mk.V’s will be a Malta build and a USN spitfire from operation overlord. 

Dennis

I have 4 spitfires built so far with 2 waiting in the wings (no pun intended 😂).

I’ll follow for sure!👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ooh boy three months …. My deepest apologies these builds have gone dormant. Its a case of me getting overwhelmed with group build commitments. I was up until 12 noon U.K. time decaling four separate builds. Three of which were the Spitfires here in this build. First up is the new tool Airfix Mk.Vc in Johnny Plagis 249 Sq. markings Malta. REOzMEx.jpg

l9GCrnA.jpg

k6BaRZR.jpg

coFli3k.jpg

Next up is Spitfire Mk.Vb EP401 QJ-Q P/O John Waddy, 92 Sqn. RAF, Alamein October 1942. pFu3Kbv.jpg

PZ1oUPS.jpg

o9NFjlX.jpg

DW9cGOv.jpg

Last up is Spitfire MkVb flown by USN VCS 7 4Z Lt. Robert Doyle Normandy 1944/06/06. I chose 4Z As it was one of the few that had the 6 stub stack exhaust's. The rest still had the early 3 stub type. 

3hX8gjy.jpg

hhGpsaJ.jpg

rgjBIrm.jpg

Ms8Zcjf.jpg

Last is a link showing a short story about VCS-7 and a photo of Lt.Doyle. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39633/yes-the-u-s-navy-also-took-the-spitfire-into-battle-during-world-war-ii

Hopefully with a bit of luck I will be able to get the decals done on my Mustang project soon. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

I’ll forgive you 😉😂

I know what it’s like, it’s why I do one at a time and when it’s nearly finished I start another. Saves me getting bogged down as that’s when I can lose my modelling mojo! One at a time, take regular breaks and I don’t force myself to get finished; I just take my time and go steadily!

My modelling is very therapeutic for me and I really enjoy it, does me a whole ton of good!

Sometimes I can go for a while with no modelling at all but I get back to it sooner or later, if I’m unwell or tired I stay away from the table. If I’m irritated or worked up about something, I don’t go near modelling.

These are my limitations and I know them, I’ve learned that I can work around them and how to go about it, I’m comfortable with them and able to live this way and still enjoy the hobby.

Having a glass cabinet full of aircraft models in my bedroom, I’m able to enjoy looking at my models all the time 👍😀😎.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, opus999 said:

These all look fantastic, but I especially like the malta build, where you can barely see the older paint job through the over coat.  That was masterfully done!

Thank you thats exactly the effect I was attempting to achieve. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Boy Im falling behind on stuff bad this year. I promise to finish the majority of these by the end of the year. All I have left are the little bits and weathering. Here are all the props for all my builds currently open. FY2UZJF.jpg

Three Spitfires at the top, Five Mustangs, and two for my current P-38 build. 

Dennis

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey you have hot a lot on Dennis,  almost as many as you cousin @corsaircorp.  Props all look good and the Spitfires look wonderful. 

Great work 

Chris 

Currently on the desk are 4 spitfires, 6 mustangs 1 each leftover from 2021 builds. 1 Brewster buffalo, 1 Mirage F.1 from 2021, Mitsubishi F.2A, F-18C, F6F-3K, P-38, and Meteor T.Mk.7.5.. Oh I forgot I still have an M4a2 Sherman that needs tracks ? So 18 total open on top of everything. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Boy Im falling behind on stuff bad this year. I promise to finish the majority of these by the end of the year. All I have left are the little bits and weathering. Here are all the props for all my builds currently open. FY2UZJF.jpg

Three Spitfires at the top, Five Mustangs, and two for my current P-38 build. 

Dennis

Bloody hell!  I thought I was bad having too many kits on the go. Seems I’m just an amateur 😄 Good practice for the desert Hunter though 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Cousin !!

Soooo, As @bigbadbadge has said... We are more deeply tied than we previously thoughts :rofl2::rofl2::cheers:

Then, in your 3 Spitfire, there are 2 that are project of mine.... USN and Malta's ones....

6 Mustangs ? Good one, I still have 5 on the bench... 2 Spitfires, 5 Sea Furies, still 2 P-39 and 2 P-38.... 5 Tempests plus an awful lot of other planes.....

The painting effect on the Plagis cab is really amazing !!

I'll be super glad if I manage to have half as good as you did !!

Well done Cousin !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Cousin !!

Soooo, As @bigbadbadge has said... We are more deeply tied than we previously thoughts :rofl2::rofl2::cheers:

Then, in your 3 Spitfire, there are 2 that are project of mine.... USN and Malta's ones....

6 Mustangs ? Good one, I still have 5 on the bench... 2 Spitfires, 5 Sea Furies, still 2 P-39 and 2 P-38.... 5 Tempests plus an awful lot of other planes.....

The painting effect on the Plagis cab is really amazing !!

I'll be super glad if I manage to have half as good as you did !!

Well done Cousin !!

Sincerely.

CC

Many Thank You’s Cousin hoping all is well with you and your family ? 

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Many Thank You’s Cousin hoping all is well with you and your family ? 

I grew a bit better, test was negative but still I'm not sure....

Maybe is it just an effect of aging.... 

I feel so tired, even when I got out of the bed....

I hope that everything is right for you too.

Very fine job on the Sits Cousin !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Sad 1