My multi Mustang build.

Hello everyone and welcome, now that I’m done with my USS Essex Air Wing build and will be starting this and a Spitfire multi build. This build will include five Mustangs r9i1OiJ.jpg

The five will include 1 x Hasegawa P-51B as Eisenhower’s “Star’s look Down”. Two R.A.F. Polish Squadrons 315 & 316 which will be the two KP kits. Then I will be doing two Tuskegee P-51’s a B and a D they will be Monogram and Airfix. The Monogram may be built in the Revellogram nostalgic group build with photos or links here. Of course you can thank my cousin @corsaircorp and also @ModelingEdmontonian for inspiring to go this route. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Of course you can thank my cousin @corsaircorp

28 minutes ago, giemme said:

You have definitely been hanging around him for too long...

@corsaircorp is fine, just be careful how much beer he slips your way. Ask me how I know!

Terry

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well My deepest apologies on being neglectful with this build. I finally shelved some of my many build's now to start this and was taking stock of everything. I seem to be in needs of one Malcolm hood as I expected one of my kits to actually have it. So Im off to place an add in the wants section. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well Ive been slowly scraping away at these. I had my first mini vacation last weekend and had minor surgery on my foot today. But still plugging away at these. First up is Ike’s Mustang, jToP7oW.jpg

QIXRmHP.jpg

Yes its been painted but sadly I lost the photo. Next up are the two Tuskegee Mustangs. The “B” kwB3YlH.jpg

and the “D”. FH2KoXe.jpg

Finally an early family photo, Ike at right Tuskegee “D” in the middle, then “B” at the left. KaZZ0Eb.jpg

Hopefully I can knock out the two RAF Mustang III’s tomorrow. 

Dennis

• Like 8

Good morning everyone … So I finished the second KP Mustang which will be one from 316 Sq.. SOxBM0B.jpg

Ykh6J5l.jpg

As well as the Monogram mustang which will be 315 Sq.. Q1dFjBE.jpg

You can see I did a slight modification, I had a spare Airfix fuel cell/radio combo left over from my Cavalier Mustang build. I cut the original monogram molded battery out and replaced it with the Airfix. P2QonJp.jpg

You wont see much through the canopy so just gave it a rough paint job before closing the fuselage.
       Now Ive been told the Monogram kit was a very decent kit as far as dimensions and such but this one was definitely a Friday afternoon kit. The left and right fuselages are off by about 1mm and there is a massive shelf completely around the whole plane. 1/2mm on top and 1/2mm on bottom. So will need to grind a boat load of plastic to even the two halves out. Now last photo is the complete family, Ike’s Mustang in the middle. Two RAF birds to the left, two Tuskegee to the right. 

qFSVglT.jpg

Please feel free to ask question's, post comment’s or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 11

I don't know how, but I apparently forgot to hit "follow" on  this thread.  Everything looks good so far.

Did you ever get your Malcolm hood?  If not, I may have one from Monogram kit in my spares, let me know if you still need one and I'll have a look.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, opus999 said:

I don't know how, but I apparently forgot to hit "follow" on  this thread.  Everything looks good so far.

Did you ever get your Malcolm hood?  If not, I may have one from Monogram kit in my spares, let me know if you still need one and I'll have a look.

Thank you … Yes I found one in the spare parts from another Monogram kit. This was a online purchase and somehow didnt have the Malcom hood. I dread having to cut the solid canopy into the bits though. Though I am considering switching the monogram to Tuskegee and and the other KP to RAF. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you … Yes I found one in the spare parts from another Monogram kit. This was a online purchase and somehow didnt have the Malcom hood. I dread having to cut the solid canopy into the bits though. Though I am considering switching the monogram to Tuskegee and and the other KP to RAF. 

OK, I'm glad to hear that.  I had to cut the Monogram canopy when  I made "Geronimo".  It turned out OK, but I was pretty nervous doing it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, billn53 said:

I don’t know how you do it. I can barely handle one build at a time.

Thank you, Im a bit of a cracked egg. Being disabled gives me loads of free time and there is only so much TV a person can watch. So I build, research, and find other hobbies to stay busy so I don't go crazy. I am always willing to help others with research as I have the time. If I cant find it I try to find someone who may know the answer. This is a list of my planned builds for this year. The 1st group is done. The middle group is on my desk under way or about to be started in the next 4 weeks. The last group are projected builds for when openings in the 2nd group occur. Total of 36 builds wether or not I get them all done who knows. 

“F-18G - Done 

Polish Mig-21 - Done

Matchbox Hawker Tempest II - Done

Frog Typhoon 1B car-door/181 Sq. - Done

Matchbox A-20/Boston - Done

TBM Avenger - USS Essex - Done

Curtiss Helldiver - USS Essex - Done

CF.100 (Rebuild) 🔺(Just needs a pitot)

————————————————————————

M4 early ✳️ 

F-2A (Japanese)🔴 ✳️

Matchbox Brewster Buffalo ✳️

101 Sq. JASDF F-86D✳️

F100F - Misty/Weasel (century series)✳️

F-101B - 60th F.I.S. ✳️

CF.100 Mk.5 - 440 Sq. (🇨🇦)🟢

CF-104 - 439 Sq. (🇨🇦)🟢

F-20 - ? (F-5 stgb) 

F-15DJ - Japanese aggressor(F-15 stgb)

Meteor FR.9 ? (Meteor STGB)

P-38J/L “Jewboy” (P-38 stgb) 

M-16/SDKFZ.251 ? (Armored cars GB)

Spitfire Mk.XII ✳️🔸

Malta Mk.Vc Spitfire ✳️

D.A.F. Mk.Vb Spitfire ✳️🔸

U.S.N. Mk.Vb Spitfire D-day✳️🔸

RAF Mustang Mk.III/SZ*I 316 Sq(KP)✳️🔺

Airfix - P-51D “Meatball Rap”✳️🔺

P-51B (M) #75 “Lucifer” - ✳️🔺

P-51C “Stars look Down” (H) ✳️🔺

P-51C (KP) PK*G E.Horbaczewski✳️🔺

————————————————————————

Israeli AT-6D 🔹

Israeli Avia S-199🔹

Israeli Spitfire Mk.IX🔹

Israeli P-51D🔹

Ki-31 (Japanese)🔴

Spanish Buchon - Spanish African “

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you, Im a bit of a cracked egg. Being disabled gives me loads of free time and there is only so much TV a person can watch. So I build, research, and find other hobbies to stay busy so I don't go crazy. I am always willing to help others with research as I have the time. If I cant find it I try to find someone who may know the answer. This is a list of my planned builds for this year. The 1st group is done. The middle group is on my desk under way or about to be started in the next 4 weeks. The last group are projected builds for when openings in the 2nd group occur. Total of 36 builds wether or not I get them all done who knows. 

“F-18G - Done 

Polish Mig-21 - Done

Matchbox Hawker Tempest II - Done

Frog Typhoon 1B car-door/181 Sq. - Done

Matchbox A-20/Boston - Done

TBM Avenger - USS Essex - Done

Curtiss Helldiver - USS Essex - Done

CF.100 (Rebuild) 🔺(Just needs a pitot)

————————————————————————

M4 early ✳️ 

F-2A (Japanese)🔴 ✳️

Matchbox Brewster Buffalo ✳️

101 Sq. JASDF F-86D✳️

F100F - Misty/Weasel (century series)✳️

F-101B - 60th F.I.S. ✳️

CF.100 Mk.5 - 440 Sq. (🇨🇦)🟢

CF-104 - 439 Sq. (🇨🇦)🟢

F-20 - ? (F-5 stgb) 

F-15DJ - Japanese aggressor(F-15 stgb)

Meteor FR.9 ? (Meteor STGB)

P-38J/L “Jewboy” (P-38 stgb) 

M-16/SDKFZ.251 ? (Armored cars GB)

Spitfire Mk.XII ✳️🔸

Malta Mk.Vc Spitfire ✳️

D.A.F. Mk.Vb Spitfire ✳️🔸

U.S.N. Mk.Vb Spitfire D-day✳️🔸

RAF Mustang Mk.III/SZ*I 316 Sq(KP)✳️🔺

Airfix - P-51D “Meatball Rap”✳️🔺

P-51B (M) #75 “Lucifer” - ✳️🔺

P-51C “Stars look Down” (H) ✳️🔺

P-51C (KP) PK*G E.Horbaczewski✳️🔺

————————————————————————

Israeli AT-6D 🔹

Israeli Avia S-199🔹

Israeli Spitfire Mk.IX🔹

Israeli P-51D🔹

Ki-31 (Japanese)🔴

Spanish Buchon - Spanish African “

Wow!!

• Thanks 1

Hello and good day… Still moving these forward slow but sure I will get there in the end. The first two are the RAF mustangs fliwn by Polish pilots. 
xwhEEiq.jpg

WlfPCXr.jpg

The right plane will be PK*G of 315 Sq. flown by S/Ldr. Horbaczewski. The other plane is SZ*I from 316 Sq. and was not assigned to any specific pilot. 

jmvq0Ye.jpg

qY3JIvB.jpg

Next up is “Ike’s” Mustang “Stars look down”.

TxUuA5N.jpg

rLZcX74.jpg

M5rBdoy.jpg

cM9d2q3.jpg

Finally the two Tuskegee mustangs, The “D” will be “Meatball Rap II” flown by Flt. Off. Charles Lane. The “B” will be “Lucifer” flown by Lt. Luther Smith. 0WlrNyB.jpg

LGuypXl.jpg

These still need Anti glare, the trademark red tails, and the yellow theater bands. Please feel free to ask questions, or post comments. 

Dennis

• Like 4