Mick Herron;s Slough Horses

Whofan

Watching the start ofg the One Show tonight on BBC and they said Gary Oldman will be on to talk about hs role in a new tv series "Slow Horses"

Those of us who know, know that Slow Horses is the cynical name gven to spies who fail in some way, and are sent to Slough House where they become known as "Slow Horses".

So I'm watching it, and realise Gary Oldman is going to play Lamb, the manager, and he says it's on Apple tv.

WHAT?????

Instant turn off for me. I am not paying another subscription fee for a tv channel.

So I now have to hope that it will, in the fullness of time, be taken up by BBC/ITV/C4?c5 or even Sky.

Oh, and Gary Oldman is the wrong actor to ply the character. A bit lke Tom Cruise and Jack Reacher. IMO, of course.

The point I am making is that with the rise of these streaming services, good tv is being spread across so many channels that it is getting impossible to keep up.

We already have Sky, Netflix and Amazon Prime, so the wife's watching Bridgeton on Netflix, tennis and we've watched Jack Reacher on Amazon, together with several films, and of course ky gives us some films, other series (Resident Alien, The Orville - soon coming I hope for a new series) and Mare of Bridgetown, and The Gilded Age that SWMBO likes.

I'm really annoyed at the Disney Channel because it seems all Disney films are now off Sky, mostly off BBC and ITV, to go to a subscription channel. I'd like to see the Mandalorian but again, we pay enough for tv.

Rant over.

Edited by Whofan

Bin your Sky subscription, but that's coming from someone who's never had it, and I never feel there's something I've missed but I do enjoy Apple TV.... Mare of Eastown was on there so most things that Sky broadcast do show up somewhere else, just a bit later.