Messerschmitt Bf109F-4, JG 52

Very enjoyable build of Hasegawa's 1/48 Bf109F-4 kit, finished in the colours & markings of Major Hans Trubenbach, Geschwaderkommodore of JG 52, based at Tiraspol, in 1941/42.  Pics of Trubenbach's personal aircraft show it to be painted in overall dark green (presumably RLM70), with slightly unconventional theatre markings.  But I guess if you are the Kommodore, you can paint it how you want ;) 

Trubenbach was a career Luftwaffe officer, already in his mid 30s when the war started, seeing combat on both the channel front during the Battle of Britain, and in Russia during Barbarossa.  He eventually left command of JG 52 to be Geschwaderkommodore of JG 104, one of the Luftwaffe's fighter training schools.  He died in 2002, aged 96.  Hope you like the pics :) 

8at6EJB.jpg

Zx1uume.jpg

ZYihBEK.jpg

mktWaTo.jpg

r9km4uP.jpg

DIUhnPj.jpg

WFsNktZ.jpg

w7BNLJ8.jpg

BSW6KXM.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

On 28/03/2022 at 17:15, jackroadkill said:

Hi Werdna, I was wondering where you'd got to lately, but it was worth the wait!  This is a very smart looking airframe indeed.

Haha - still around ;) Thanks for the kind words :) 

On 28/03/2022 at 17:51, BerndM said:

Another fine build in an interesting and colorful marking scheme.👍

You can t go wrong with Hasegawa.😃

Thanks Bernd.  The Hasegawa kit really is excellent - I need to find some more :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Werdna said:

Haha - still around ;) Thanks for the kind words :) 

Thanks Bernd.  The Hasegawa kit really is excellent - I need to find some more :) 

Good luck with hunting Hasegawa kits.:)

Here in Germany Hasegawa has become a relative rare ( and expensive ) brand. :(

I often look for them directly in japanese online shops.

• Like 1

What a lovely build! Particularly impressed with the finish on the lower surfaces. I have a Bf109F4 up next to build but it's the AZ HJM version in 1/72. I'll be delighted if it's half as good as this one!

• Thanks 1