Su-25UBK - Help with markings/aftermarkets

TeaWeasel

I found a nice second-hand SU-25 at the local shop from a company I've never heard of. Was a little on the fence about it but it was only £20 so thought why not?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kovozavody-prost-jov-kpm4802-su-25-ubk--1100521

Overall the quality seems to be good/average. Some areas are nice it seems to be a little lacking in detail in some parts, so hoping to get some aftermarket parts, namely the cockpit and weapons/pylons. The problem I've encountered is, and something I probably should have researched first, is that the kit is for the UBK model of the SU-25, which seems to be a two-seat trainer/export variant. Does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket suppliers for the weapons and/or the cockpit?

My second thought is for markings. I've seen a very nice digital camo for the Ukrainian Air Force on Scalemates but can't find anything for sale anywhere local .

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/foxbot-48-041t-digital-rooks-su-25ub-ukranian-air-forces-and-stencils--1193493

Does anyone have any other Ukrainian schemes, or any other ideas for a non-Soviet version? It's less to do with the current global events, more that I want something a bit more varied than just Soviet camo.

Cheers,

Joe

I have a selection of aftermarket bits and decals for the single seater which may be suitable for yours. I will have a look later if they may be of interest?

Hello Joe

I do not know if it helps, but in 2002 I took photos of Macedonian Su-25 UBK on Petrovac airport without any marking apart from tiny Macedonian flag on vertical stabilizer. These Suhois had been wet-leased from Ukraine a year earlier. Will check my photos as soon as I get home. Cheers

Jure

Indeed, the UB.is the two seater. K for export, but that does not really matter model wise.

Ukraine inherited its Su-25 from the Soviet Union, so technically just UBs.

BN models have just re-released their Ukrainian.decals,

Weapons: any standard Russian weapons will do, mostly unguided stuff. E.g.the ones directly in the kit. EDUARD does a PE upgrade for them, but frankly there is much better stuff out there by now if you are for accuracy!

Hallo

I had exactly this kit.

I built it & had to throw it awy.

In this kit you have a resin cockpit. Right?

If so, the position is a hell!

Parts at the final stage do not fit well.

I got lost. In connection with the clear parts, the middle fixed window, it did not fit at all!

The tail plane is too smal, it is correct for the single seat version.

Be careful!

Happy modelling

On 28/03/2022 at 12:10, RMP2 said:

I have a selection of aftermarket bits and decals for the single seater which may be suitable for yours. I will have a look later if they may be of interest?

That would be very helpful, thanks. In your opinion would the markings for the single seater work on the two-seat variant? I can't see why not but I can imagine there being a difference somewhere. 

On 28/03/2022 at 13:17, Stephen said:

Cockpit

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SBS48056?result-token=lBjHR

Pitot

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MR48-124?result-token=c4CfZ

If you enter Su-25 on Hannants search facility , there are a lot of aftermarket weapons available. 

Cheers for that. 

On 29/03/2022 at 08:32, dov said:

Hallo

I had exactly this kit.

I built it & had to throw it awy.

In this kit you have a resin cockpit. Right?

If so, the position is a hell!

Parts at the final stage do not fit well.

I got lost. In connection with the clear parts, the middle fixed window, it did not fit at all!

The tail plane is too smal, it is correct for the single seat version.

Be careful!

Happy modelling

Yeah I had a look through the parts and while the quality of the cast is about average, the actual assembly looks like hell. The kit comes with resin replacements for the tail and elevators but the instructions are lousy at best. No resin cockpit but I might go for the one from Hannants listed above.