1/72 Eduard Mig-21MF - Bunny Fighter edition

I brought this special kit as a way of become a member of the Eduard club . permanent 15% off their website and other deals. It has worked out cheaper to buy their products that way rather than buy from Hannants etc.

After finishing my big Mosquito, the DAK halftrack and the Hunter, I fancied something different and the bunny fighter scheme looked like a fun project.  I started this last sunday lunchtime and put the matt coat on yesterday.

The kit came with a resin cockpit section (which amazingly fitted with no surgery or thinning made to the resin or fuselage). Resin wheels, resin jet pipe and exhaust, resin nose cone and air intake cover, resin exhaust cover and photo etch extras (and canopy/wheel masks). The kit was certainly a bargain.

Mig-21 purists might not be happy with the bunny fighter Scheme, but I found it a fun project and a nice change to not worrying that the paint colour chosen is the correct shade.

The kit was lovely to build and the decals were fun.  I particularly liked the bunny skull decals under the cockpit and the orange/green combo on the stores to make them look like carrots.

DSC_0758 DSC_0757 DSC_0756 DSC_0752 DSC_0751 DSC_0749 DSC_0747_01 DSC_0743 DSC_0741_01 DSC_0740_01 DSC_0737

• Like 32
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Deano353 said:

Looks awesome! I have to ask where did you get this? I want the 48th scale kit of this.

If you Google Eduard bunny fighter club you should find it. I don't think they do the 1/48 kit in this scheme though

• Like 1

They used to when it first came out. I passed up the chance to get it years ago in 48th but that's cool I can possibly get decals I'd love the Trumpeter 32nd Mig with decals for this. I read a long time ago probably around the time this came out that it was a real scheme in fact I know it is as I have seen photo's of the real one. I believe it was used over Burkina Faso used by mercenary pilots for political assassinations and all the rest that goes on with a conflict. That's about as far ad my knowledge on this goes though.

15 hours ago, drake122 said:

Lovely work, but did the pitot tube survive all those lower fuselage pictures?🤣

It didnt just survive the photographs, it amazingly survived being in place whilst handling, painting and decalling the model.

I, like you, joined the Bunny Fighter Club to get the discounts.  At the time, Eduard did offer the 1/48 kit.  This build very much tempts me to break it out and actually build it.  I, however, do not think I will be able to give it the finish and look of your completed 1/72 kit.  Great job!!  Looks like there might be some carrots in my future.