IAI Nesher aka Dagger***FINISHED***

Thanks Stu,

Fortunately, over the years I have built up quite a collection of spares and I always keep any potentially useful bits whenever I scrap a kit - without them, I probably would not have even attempted it! In terms of accuracy it is still likely to be bad but at least it looks a bit more like a Dagger now - to me at least. I still have the Pioneer/PM Ta-154 to build and by all accounts that also is a bit of a dog, but with care and the spares boxes it might end up looking passable.

Pete

Edited by PeterB

Well, I think that is the best I can do with this kit.

DSC06392-crop

With hindsight the wing tank pylons are probably a bit too deep and the tanks should be level not nose down, but to be honest it is beginning to try my patience. Ok, I enjoyed the challenge, but I am glad to see it done and I did say it just be an approximation to a Dagger. Speaking of pylons, I think something may be wrong with the proportions of the wings - how odd!

DSC06394-crop

The fatter "1300 litre" tanks had to be moved outboard of the mounting points for the kit 500 litre ones as they would foul the wheel doors. They in turn potentially foul the fins of the missiles, but then judging by pics the missile pylons should be in line with and indeed maybe even partially on top of the outer raised fairing moulded on there - I will be interested to see how the Magics are mounted on John's Mirage. And no, the centre tank does not foul the wheel door as it is well above it! On takeoff the pilot would have to very gently pull the nose up initially as there is no more than a scale 1 ft clearance between the rear of the centre tank and the ground - it may have been a little greater in real life but not much! I think the nose door is wrong too - should probably be two part and shorter. Oh well!

So, for what it is worth that is my Dagger and after a quick coat of varnish it can go in the gallery.

Pete

• Like 11

• PeterB changed the title to IAI Nesher aka Dagger - Done!
4 minutes ago, Pappy said:

First to finish!

Congrats

Pappy

Well, maybe not as I am still brooding over whether or not to modify the pylons for the tanks - they are bugging me!

Pete

On 4/10/2022 at 12:15 AM, PeterB said:

With hindsight the wing tank pylons are probably a bit too deep and the tanks should be level not nose down,

I think the nose down is fine with those 1300 l tanks  the Mirage is slightlu nose up in straight, "level" flight when loaded to the max...

Great job nonetheless also taking into account lots of smallish issues you had to overcome...

• Thanks 1

• PeterB changed the title to IAI Nesher aka Dagger***FINISHED***

Finally got round to spraying it with semi flat varnish and so it is in the gallery at last.

DSC06503-crop

The best I can say about the kit is that it was cheap, and with a lot of work it now vaguely resembles a Dagger.

Pete

• Like 3

Hi Pete,

Not a straightforward kit, and I agree with you that the underwing tanks look somewhat iffy.

But all in all, the model still screams Dagger! So all is good, and with a semi gloss varnish, everything looks much better.

Well done!

JR

• Thanks 1