Winter Warrior.Tamiya 1/35 M4A3 105mm Howitzer.

Hi folk's,

Had a think and decided it would be nice to get an armour build on the bench I only did one last year being

Airfix's lovely new tool in 1/72.So taking advantage of my LMS's 20% off Tamiya kits whent for this old but

still quality kit,a dio base is in order due to the extra figures in the box and a winter scene in mind too.

20220326_165516

Previous attempt at the Tamiya Sherman I suspect for the last GB.

20200730_194253

Early steps today with the first couple of stages of the build.

20220326_172634

• Like 10

• stevej60 changed the title to Winter Warrior.Tamiya 1/35 M4A3 105mm Howitzer.

Hi Steve. Welcome to the GB. Great to have you here. That is one of the kits I want to get at some point so I will be interested to follow your build.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

More progress with the figure assembly ready for primer.

20220402_171633

And the wheel and bogeys also done,ready now for all the tank parts to receive primer.

20220403_195444

• Like 7

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. It all looks to be progressing well. Good to see you starting work on the figures too. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,got her primed and painted glossed and decalled over the last day or two now the hard part of adding the whitewash,ordered a pre-formed base made

by Heller for the final display.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,before she gets a matt coat the decals were sealed in with a thin coat of gloss I know need to see how to approach the white wash.

20220408_094009

• Like 7

Hi folk's,after trying a few thing's on a test piece the best option for the whitewash seemed to be how it was originally done in the field with a brush,first coat seems

to be ok bearing in mind the look I'm after is almost when it was worn off after weathering etc it should look fine.

20220409_192955

• Like 10

Looks good Steve, maybe just a little more in areas with less foot traffic and the verticals. Not enough to obscure anything just to give some tonal shifts. Also the white wash would have run down the sides in areas during the spring rains and from fuel spills. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looks good Steve, maybe just a little more in areas with less foot traffic and the verticals. Not enough to obscure anything just to give some tonal shifts. Also the white wash would have run down the sides in areas during the spring rains and from fuel spills. 

I agree. I think the look you have in the picture is of newly applied and thin whitewash rather than old stuff wearing off.

• Like 1

Thank's for the feedback folk's more work will be needed,I ordered a Heller dio base for the build but to be honest when it I saw it  you could easily fit

2-3 1/35 vehicles on it so back to plan A and a smaller hand made affair.

• Like 1

Hi folk's well much happier now wore off more of the white then a couple of washes(Mud and Black) were brushed into the panels.Track's next then I'll

start looking at the stowage.

20220410_194104

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Now thats looking good, cant wait for the next stage. 

Many thank's Dennis still more weathering to do but need the track's fitting for that step.

Morning folk's,painted a base colour on the track's then fitted and superglued the top track to the rollers and guides to give the sagged look.Next weather and detailing.

20220416_103043

• Like 5

On 10/04/2022 at 21:39, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's well much happier now wore off more of the white then a couple of washes(Mud and Black) were brushed into the panels.Track's next then I'll

start looking at the stowage.

20220410_194104

Well done, so I would add a little more white.

• Like 1