How to cover up / repair glue mark

So it’s all painted. 2nd coat of varnish was applied and curing. While making a last minute fix to the pilot seat which had come loose a drop of glue came out of the needle and fell on the model.

Straight through the varnish, top coats and down to the primer.

Is there a technique you can use to help fix this? Maybe weather it some how do it blends in???

cant add the image from url. Shame I can’t just upload an image from my phone.

Hello Daniel.     I’ll start the ball rolling,  sorry to hear your plight, the first thing to do is to let everything vent off / dry. Just so you don’t want to tempt fate by handing fresh varnish. Then I can only suggest using some MicroMesh grade 3600 to polish back a small ‘hole’ , the polishing will hopefully remove any steps from the glue sinking through the layers. Then you’ll have to restore all the previous layers.   

Hope this helps.    😉

• Like 1

No picture, so I can't see how bad it is. And you didn't say how you did the painting (hairy stick, rattlecan, airbrush?).

In my experience, for something like this the best fix is to make sure the glue is completely dry, then gently sand the damaged area with fine sandpaper until it is smooth. After that, re-paint. This is most likely to succeed using an airbrush, but perhaps that's just my prejudice speaking.

<<  Looks like Amos and I were responding at the same time, he beat me to the 'save' button by just a few seconds  >>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

May I add a tweak to the answers above?  I agree, absolutely don't touch the area until the glue has not just dried, but cured right out.  

Test the surface by running a finger over it very lightly.  If you feel anything standing above the surface cut if off with a razor blade.  Not a hobby knife, for this you need something actually sharp and flexible, and the best blade for that comes from the drug store.  And a sharp blade will make a smooth cut and leave a clean surface, no further roughhousing ought to be necessary.

Steer clear of sandpaper at this stage - you cannot (well, I cannot) remove high spots without collateral damage to the surrounding area.

After that you can very easily use your favourite filler to bring the surface back up to fill any depressions.  Here's where the sandpaper comes in if you need it.  Then finish as usual.

• Like 2