“Time’s a Wastin” Douglas A-20G 7 X-ray Zulu June 1944

Hello everyone … I present to you my 2nd build from the Matchbox nostalgic group build. It is in the markings of the 645th B.S, 410th B.G., 9th A.A.F. The kit is the older 1/72 Matchbox kit with no modification, the only decals are nose art, star & bars, and codes everything else is painted. f3KmCby.jpg

qs1Y5aR.jpg

x3D6Yy9.jpg

The nose is painted to represent an A-20J bomber variant. The young enterprising officer is hoping to lure in enemy aircraft to a frontal attack. This would allow him to open up all 6 .50’s on an unsuspecting German pilot. 

Zmae53R.jpg

bgrp5eQ.jpg

bsMBelF.jpg

u65osCH.jpg

pTFkUhY.jpg

UFvHAvk.jpg

r0Q6Bl5.jpg

2Rf80Rs.jpg

Yes the props spin in case anyone wondered. Please feel free to ask questions, leave comments, or visit my build thread. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235104196-douglas-a-20-havocboston/

Dennis

• Like 31
  • Haha 1

That's turned out really well. Thank goodness the props turn. One of the first triumphs was not to goop up the props so that they would spin freely. Still insist that it's a first principle of good modelling. Give 'em a good blow and watch 'em blur, that's what I say.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That's an excellent build, Dennis. Beautiful stripes, worth every effort. Also very cool note about the false "bomber" look - surprise! .50 cals are just saying hello!

• Thanks 1

A very nice Havoc with great looking markings. Well done.

If Revell would re release this Matchbox kit i would get me some of them. The Matchbox kits have museum price here right now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes Found out after they were already set and couldn't do anything about them. 

You have officially joined the club then, I very carefully made two port end ribs for a trim tab on my 1:1 scale effort. I need a port a starboard.🙄 Could be worse, I could have made the entire port tab twice!

• Like 1

Lovely build, you've done a lovely job on this; it was a kit I just missed out on recently, someone snapped it up for £1 more than I'd put on it! Would have been a great addition to my cabinet! Love the turret! I enjoyed making my A-20 a couple of years ago, and more recently my P-70 (posted recently). Its nice to see one of these with a turret and in invasion stripes, great job!😎👍

• Like 1