Compressor advice

MASSIMILIANO

Hi guys

I would like to progress on our hobby, buying a compressor for airspray my models. Can you give me some advice?my budget is not more of 150 pounds.I found this compressor on Amazon.What do you think about it?Does it worth a try?

Fengda AS-186A Professional Airbrush Compressor/with Tank/Autostop 4Bar/Autostart 3Bar/Quiet/Oil-Free

Thank you

I have roughly the same compressor (they're a type that are sold under many brands and produced in China).  I bought mine circa. 2015ish.  Has worked OK so far.

Most people will recommend you spend significant money (more than your budget) and buy a Sparmax branded compressor though.  You can listen to them, or not.

Edited by RobL

I've had one for over 10 years without any problems whatsoever. Like many such items I suspect their quality control is poor but that is most likely to result in it arriving U/S or dying very early in its life. If you've brought it via the big river that's an inconvenience rather than a financial problem.

If mine broke tonight, and I couldn't fix it, I'd buy another AS186 clone tomorrow. That said I do keep a little money aside for just that purpose as I know it's going to let me down one day. But I've paid about £6.50 a year for it so far which is much less than the glass of wine and a beer I brought for my wife and I in a bar last week!

I wouldn't bother with the cage and the built in holders however in the link you sent. I'd get something "naked" but make sure it's got a tank.

Edited by Pigpen
Embarrassing aberrant apostrophe

I've used one for 4 years with no problems. I might quibble over the 'quiet' description - of course it's relative. I can't listen to music while using it, and it can be heard in other rooms of the house. But its not deafening by any means.

Colin