It's going to be one of THOSE days

Big Scuffer Al

After painting up some small parts yesterday I put them 'somewhere safe' so I wouldn't lose them.

Come this morning and couldn't find them 😡

Cue tearing the contents of the build table apart, poking around in the jug of brush rinsing water, emptying the storage drawers, boxes, looking in empty coffee cups and scrabbling around on the floor in case the carpet monster paid a visit overnight, accompanied by the usual colourful language.

Gave up and convinced myself they weren't that important anyway and went back to painting......

Went to put new part in my 'helping hands' only to discover my missing parts staring at me from the clamps. I must have picked up or moved the damned thing a dozen times 😡😡

On the plus side, I am 25 pence richer found a wing mirror, towing shackle, a 0.5mm drill bit, 4 resistors and an led so we'll call that a win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

10 hours ago, Big Scuffer Al said:

On the plus side, I am 25 pence richer found a wing mirror, towing shackle, a 0.5mm drill bit, 4 resistors and an led so we'll call that a win.

Not to mention giving us on here a good chuckle because we never do anything like that ………:rolleyes::whistle:  Glad you found them even if they weren’t lost really

• Like 1

I know the feeling. Last night I was doing some work on my Hornet when I noticed that the bottom part of the nose gear was missing. It had been there earlier and so must have broken off when it pinged out of the mini clamp I used to hold it while painting. A search of the area didn't reveal the missing part and So I have resigned myself to a scratch build. 

Edited by Mr T
Blasted autocorrect
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Mr T said:

I know the feeling. Last night I was doing some work on my Hornet when I noticed that the bottom part of the nose gear was missing. It had been there earlier and so must have broken off when it pinged out of the mini clamp I used to hold it while painting. A search of the area didn't reveal the missing part and So I have resigned myself to a scratch build. 

Once you have scratch-built a new one, you will, of course, find the original.

• Haha 1

That usually appears to be the case. Hopefully it will be straight forward as I have some PE parts for the oleo link and it looks to be a fairly simple structure, at least in 1/72nd.