Messerschmitt Bf-109 G-2/R6 - FineMolds, 1/72

Looks amazing! I love the weathering, one question, is the yellow color of the nose and wingtips suppose to match the color of the yellow 7 number? I built this same kit and the yellow color was off the color of the decals, in yours looks much better.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, czaralko said:

Looks amazing! I love the weathering, one question, is the yellow color of the nose and wingtips suppose to match the color of the yellow 7 number? I built this same kit and the yellow color was off the color of the decals, in yours looks much better.

Thanks for your praise. Actually I don't know if these "yellows" have to be matched to each other. I didn't think about it. 

• Like 1

Outstanding, one of the things that jumped out at me was the winter wash and weathering on the spinner in the last two pictures. Really like how you’ve  separated the two sections on the spinner and can I ask how you achieved the very fine lines? I can’t tell if they’re a left over from some sanding or from the way the white has been removed?

51 minutes ago, GRK said:

Outstanding, one of the things that jumped out at me was the winter wash and weathering on the spinner in the last two pictures. Really like how you’ve  separated the two sections on the spinner and can I ask how you achieved the very fine lines? I can’t tell if they’re a left over from some sanding or from the way the white has been removed?

Thanks a lot.

I used this approach for weathering (for all parts and surfaces): basic summer camouflage (simplified), then a layer of acrylic Tamiya X-22 Clear, then enamel Revell white, and after drying - the abrasions were made with a cotton swab moistened with White-Spirit.

Here is also a few pics of process.

details.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Veron said:

Thanks a lot.

I used this approach for weathering (for all parts and surfaces): basic summer camouflage (simplified), then a layer of acrylic Tamiya X-22 Clear, then enamel Revell white, and after drying - the abrasions were made with a cotton swab moistened with White-Spirit.

Here is also a few pics of process.

details.jpg

Looks so goo! Very good job! Im tempted to paint another one using your method

• Like 1