***Finished***Airfix Victor K2

PhantomBigStu

Honestly the Airfix Victor is miles ahead of the Matchbox kit. It's more than twice the price you can get an old Matchbox for, but if you're committing that amount of display space to a model, you want it to actually look good. The Matchbox is a vaguely Victor shaped object, the Airfix is near perfect. 

Just be careful with the flaps if you do them retracted, the instructions would have you cut off the wrong part.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn’t quite get the fuselage together without a slight gap which made getting the wing on a pain, not least as I used way too much superglue on the first attempt which made the fit worse, load of sanding and separating it into 2 halves later it’s together. 6-CD2-BD87-A474-4341-BAA9-E74-A4-AF9662-

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Don't think this will make it, not done anything on it except fill the upper gaps, probably best if I ignore the deadline now with other ones pressing and builds to be started given deadline pressure is the a big part of mojo problems recently. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Right then, ended up with way to many projects on the abandoned pile with not much enthusiasm, had a mini cull of this years builds and another I’m on the fence over culling as I’d like to draw as best a line as I can under this year. This one however is a must finish, wouldn’t mind getting it at least decal ready by Christmas 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marathons of sanding including after removing one wing as the inside intake peice broke out of place I thought It was ready for the proper coat of hemp….nope noticed I missed the tip aerial peices as I went to start before dinner so that’s a job for another day to sand themFAF8-EC0-B-CE93-4305-9401-113-B6749-CB46

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Load more work and I’ve demolished the what felt insurmountable in two days, had just enough of the first pot of LAG. Will give the whole thing a sand and a then couple of recoats tomorrow at this rate theres a chance it might be decal ready in time for my birthday in a few days and gives me permission to buy the aforementioned large kit as present, problem is I’m stuck on which version of it too get….744632-A0-B3-EA-4842-8-ED3-FEF9-C7183526

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Pot of hemp had colour shifted so I had to repaint the entire upper and predictably it has run out, two pots of humbrol hemp are on the way, that should be enough, hopefully its close enugh so I don't have to repaint the leading edges underneath 

954304-F8-8512-4-D7-D-B71-D-44-D78-C801-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...