Dassault Mirage F.1 Spanish AF - Hasegawa 1/72

Nothing to see here any more.

I think I need to take a break.

Thank you for the support! For a moment there I felt like Jamie Oliver when he presented his take on a paella! 

I didn't want to offend anyone, and I don't think I did, but such is the world these days - some people will get offended just because they want to. That's a hobby, I think, but not one that I would take on.

Anyway, I like my Mirage and most importantly, so does my wife and my friends.

I don't want to put the pictures up again - water under the bridge, but I'll just say this: I have 2 more Hasegawa 1/72 Mirage F.1 and a lot of decals, and I'm not afraid to use them!

Will I put pictures of them up here? Perhaps, if I'm in the mood that day -there are somethings you just shouldn't do!

Cheers

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 8

The result that you have obtained is exaggerated and really painful, and it demonstrates that you do not have the most minimal knowledge of what is the "spanish school" in the world of modelism. Evidently, you don't even seem to have the skills needed to follow this style of painting.

Andrés S.

Edited by Andrés S.
  • Haha 1

Ouch! Oh well - that finish would look excellent on a Harrier on winter exercises in Norway…

I’m glad that you have returned to the forum and added what I feel are very gracious comments. I look forward to seeing more of your models in the future - especially the Mirage F.1, surely one of the most handsome jet fighters.

Edited by Classic 315

1 hour ago, Andrés S. said:

The result that you have obtained is exaggerated and really painful, and it demonstrates that you do not have the most minimal knowledge of what is the "spanish school" in the world of modelism. Evidently, you don't even seem to have the skills needed to follow this style of painting.

Andrés S.

Well - henceforth I will stop refering to this type of modelling as inspired by the 'spanish school'. 

As for skills - I build for myself and for having fun, not for public admiration. And I have a lot of fun.

If you don't like it - so be it.

Your comment wouldn't normally bother me - but in this case it does.

I have therefore decided to delete these pictures as not to offend your eyes anymore.

Cheers

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, HansReggelsen said:

Well - henceforth I will stop refering to this type of modelling as inspired by the 'spanish school'. 

As for skills - I build for myself and for having fun, not for public admiration. And I have a lot of fun.

If you don't like it - so be it.

Your comment wouldn't normally bother me - but in this case it does.

I have therefore decided to delete these pictures as not to offend your eyes anymore.

Cheers

Hans J

We definitely build to have fun and decompress, unless this is your source of income, most of us in here are novices anyway looking to learn and experiment new techniques, so don’t feel bad for what others say, at the end of the day it will stay in your display cabinet and not theirs, if you are happy, that’s all that matters, keep modeling! Look forward to your next RFI

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

Andrés S.

I think it may be an idea if you read the pinned critiquing rules at the top of the forum, especially;

2. Be Constructive not Destructive of the builders skill, offer up the good points as well as the bad. Remember we all started out somewhere. 

3. Give a solution to your perceived problem to how either you would do it with examples preferably from you or a link to another person who tackled the same problem. 

Keith

• Like 11

Don't fret folks, action has been taken on this matter.  Rather than get involved, hit the Report button instead.

@HansReggelsen don't be put off by one rude person.  There's a lot of us out here that aren't, and appreciate your input on the forum :)

39 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Now, here's a place for @Julien to react...

If we consider that telling Falklands instead of Malvinas is trolling, what about What happened here ??

Sad but curious CC

If you knew the full story, you'd think differently, but you've clearly been told a rather jaundiced story.  When you don't have the full facts in hand, it's best to keep your own counsel rather than make yourself look foolish. :fraidnot:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I think it may be an idea if you read the pinned critiquing rules at the top of the forum, especially;

2. Be Constructive not Destructive of the builders skill, offer up the good points as well as the bad. Remember we all started out somewhere. 

3. Give a solution to your perceived problem to how either you would do it with examples preferably from you or a link to another person who tackled the same problem. 

Keith

Quite right Keith. Andre now gets some time off to consider his words, we wont have that on here. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@HansReggelsen

Quite a few years ago I used to contribute to the usenet group alt.scale.models.  There was another, very respected, contributor there called Al Superczynski.  His motto was "It's your model. Build it how you want to".  That fits in perfectly with your philosophy of building for your own fun. 

Because of that, I really hope that you will consider re-instating the photos to your original post.  And please don't take a break. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

@HansReggelsen

Quite a few years ago I used to contribute to the usenet group alt.scale.models.  There was another, very respected, contributor there called Al Superczynski.  His motto was "It's your model. Build it how you want to".  That fits in perfectly with your philosophy of building for your own fun. 

Because of that, I really hope that you will consider re-instating the photos to your original post.  And please don't take a break. 

Yes @HansReggelsen please put your pictures back

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

Andrés S.

Taking painting and gluing plastic a bit too far, don't you think?

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Al Superczynski

Remembering Al Superczynski

Please Hans excuse my curiosity, but sincerely I would like to see the pictures of your spanish mirage F.1. When I accessed the site they had already been deleted.

Edited by Convair
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Don't fret folks, action has been taken on this matter.  Rather than get involved, hit the Report button instead.

@HansReggelsen don't be put off by one rude person.  There's a lot of us out here that aren't, and appreciate your input on the forum :)

If you knew the full story, you'd think differently, but you've clearly been told a rather jaundiced story.  When you don't have the full facts in hand, it's best to keep your own counsel rather than make yourself look foolish. :fraidnot:

Hello Mike,

I surely don't have the full story at hand, and I don't have to !!

I just consider the fact that here, a medeller is mistreated, and I think that it is more an issue than the way one is calling this archipelago...

That's all...

Nothing personal on anybody...

I appreciate BM because of the gentle comments and I thank you and Julien for having acted on on this.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

I just consider the fact that here, a medeller is mistreated, and I think that it is more an issue than the way one is calling this archipelago...

That's all...

You also dont have the full story on that either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

a medeller is mistreated, and I think that it is more an issue than the way one is calling this archipelago...

A Freudian slip indeed - bold text is my addition. The ‘mistreated’ modeller started off with a rather sarcastic and hectoring post about the islands and when told that it’s the Spanish word for them and where that originated from by Julien just wouldn’t let it lie, called the site and Julien fascists, and up until I stopped him a little while ago was sniping from the sidelines using reactions because he still can’t let go. Something tells me he’s been telling a different story to garner sympathy. :fraidnot:  The watchwords polite and respectful apply to everyone, not just the rest of us. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

A Freudian slip indeed - bold text is my addition. The ‘mistreated’ modeller started off with a rather sarcastic and hectoring post about the islands and when told that it’s the Spanish word for them and where that originated from by Julien just wouldn’t let it lie, called the site and Julien fascists, and up until I stopped him a little while ago was sniping from the sidelines using reactions because he still can’t let go. Something tells me he’s been telling a different story to garner sympathy. :fraidnot:  The watchwords polite and respectful apply to everyone, not just the rest of us. 

Whoooops, It's just a typo mistake from my part.

But Nice shot Mike !! And a funny one over that !!

sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Hans could you repost the pic's please i missed them as well...

me too!

@HansReggelsen

would really like to see your Spanish Af Mirage F1 :thumbsup:

do not let yourself and your efforts be affected by single opinions... everyone has one, but it usually about the way we share it....

is it a camouflaged one? or one of the latest Hasegawa boxings with the Tiger tail?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

me too!

@HansReggelsen

would really like to see your Spanish Af Mirage F1 :thumbsup:

do not let yourself and your efforts be affected by single opinions... everyone has one, but it usually about the way we share it....

is it a camouflaged one? or one of the latest Hasegawa boxings with the Tiger tail?

Thanks for asking, but let's not open this one once more. 

It was (and still is) a light grey lo-viz Spanish AF F.1 with a tigerstribed rudder and underfuselage stabilizers.

I used Albatros Decals ALC/72010 'The Dark Mirages'. - a decalssheet that I can highly recommend as it has marking for a plethora of F.1's.

Cheers

Hans J

• Like 7

Hans your model was very good :)

There are always people that get a kick out of denigrating others' work 😝.

This particular one got banned - he's not going to annoy us any more.

That should not deter you from showing us others your fine work :)

So, when you feel like it again we all look forward to admiring your models 😉

Moggy, (who feels that people that kill the joy of our hobby should be lapidated with coproliths)

• Like 2