1:72 Emhar McDonnell F3H-2N Demon

19 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

broke a bone, and still finished the game. All the more amazing as she was holding the ball with the broken hand. These kids nowadays.

She is obviously NOT destined to be a soccer player!

The Demon, however is looking about as lovely as a Demon could. As a model, she's gorgeous!

Ian

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

A momentary reprieve...Grandma took the little rascals bowling! Last time that happened, Leah dropped the ball on her hand somehow, broke a bone, and still finished the game. All the more amazing as she was holding the ball with the broken hand. These kids nowadays.

Could be worse. The caregivers at my youngest (4 1/2 years old) granddaughter's daycare center refer to her as "Danger Baby".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/08/2022 at 16:02, Galligraphics said:

That is a fine looking model of a Demon. But as Steve says, the actual aircraft ain't the prettiest...

I don't know, the Demon isn't that ugly. It kind of grows on you. I do think the prototype XF3H (with its slim fuselage, natural metal fuselage, long test boom on the nose, etc.) is very sleek. Why hasn't someone made a kit?

On 04/08/2022 at 17:10, giemme said:

Glorious result, Bill! :worthy: :worthy: You can't beat a Navy bird from Navy Bird! :winkgrin:  :clap:

Thanks. Not sure about that last part - I was walking through the aisles at an IPMS USA National Convention a few years back, and the quality of some of the models made me want to give up the hobby. Man, there was some seriously museum quality stuff on display. Same thing when I went to Telford a few years ago. I've got a lot to learn!    :)

On 04/08/2022 at 18:06, AdrianMF said:

Aah. Apache helicopter not A-36 Apache, the P-51 variant. Must drink more coffee (and pay more attention to aircraft designed after 1940).

Yup, an Apache gunship. Or, as Carter calls it, a hoppity-copter.

On 04/08/2022 at 22:28, Martian said:

A thing of beauty Bill.

Thanks Martin. It's not up there in the stratosphere with your Zeppelins, but she came out pretty good.

On 05/08/2022 at 10:43, Brandy said:

She is obviously NOT destined to be a soccer player!

True fact. But she does very well on her softball team. She can throw extremely well for her age. Pretty good pitcher, too. Maybe I should find a Cricket league for her.

On 05/08/2022 at 11:23, Tailspin Turtle said:

Could be worse. The caregivers at my youngest (4 1/2 years old) granddaughter's daycare center refer to her as "Danger Baby".

Hey, I like that! I may use that for her the next time she gets a boo-boo. Some kids just seem naturally prone to stuff like this - and they seem to be the most active ones, always trying to push the envelope in what they can do. I like that, as long as there are no serious injuries!

You've probably already seen it, but the RFI is up:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 5