Air Berlin Boeing 737-800 /// D-ABBK 1:144

Hey Folks,

this one is almost OOB. I just masked the livery and only used the small titles for winglets and engines.

All paints are Mr.Paint MRP slovakia and silver parts alclad. Stencils from uprise decal and titles from nazca decals.

The wheels are add on resin parts, other than that it has no major upgrades. I must say, i regret a little bit the missing cockpit, should have done one.

This Model took me a year, it was stored for a while and then i continues.

We usually kept our aircraft clean, but a bit of dirt was still visible usually. I scratched all Antennas and clear lights and thinned down + opened the pack inlets.

Back then Air Berlin used to be germany's 2nd biggest airline. I was proudly flying for them, allthough in A32X aircraft. Was a great chapter of life.

@coneheadff i promised you this one :D

hope you like it...

IMG_4161 IMG_4157 IMG_4158 IMG_4150 IMG_4151 IMG_4152 IMG_4153 IMG_4155 IMG_4162 IMG_4165 IMG_4168 IMG_4170 IMG_4171 IMG_4172 IMG_4174 IMG_4177 IMG_4178

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Another fantastic model, thanks for sharing.

My wife and I were in Düsseldorf Airport on the day in August 2017 when Air Berlin became insolvent. We were flying with BA Cityflyer so we weren't directly impacted but I well remember the queues and the chaos affecting the unfortunate AB passengers.

To answer your question on the A320 thread, I don't have anything immediately ready for posting but my next finished model is likely to be a three way choice between a Comet, a Viscount and a Tu-154. A 737 Max is also possible but less likely.

All the best

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Sad 1

I'm not merely impressed. I'm overwhelmed! That you got such a great finish after applying the red paint is most impressive. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, Skodadriver said:

Another fantastic model, thanks for sharing.

My wife and I were in Düsseldorf Airport on the day in August 2017 when Air Berlin became insolvent. We were flying with BA Cityflyer so we weren't directly impacted but I well remember the queues and the chaos affecting the unfortunate AB passengers.

To answer your question on the A320 thread, I don't have anything immediately ready for posting but my next finished model is likely to be a three way choice between a Comet, a Viscount and a Tu-154. A 737 Max is also possible but less likely.

All the best

Dave G 🇺🇦

yes, those times were tough. At least you weren't affected.

On 3/23/2022 at 1:41 AM, janneman36 said:

Looks like the real thing 👍👍👍

I love the paintfinish😁

cheers, Jan

thanks jan :D

On 3/23/2022 at 1:10 AM, stringbag said:

Excellent result.  I like the very subtle weathering.  Thanks for posting.

Chris.

thanks Chris! more to come...

On 3/22/2022 at 10:09 PM, SAT69 said:

I'm not merely impressed. I'm overwhelmed! That you got such a great finish after applying the red paint is most impressive. 

thank you! i must say i prefer painting liveries. i make my own masks and can make sure it is correct, also the colors are more intense.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, Vesa Jussila said:

I remember watching these planes in Tegel. Some were standing there quite long time. You have built this really nicely.

indeed. Tegel used to be my homebase and i remember working for this company when they had only 20 aircraft. good old times..

Do you remember the livery we had in between? Old style logo/name with the new red...

spacer.png

spacer.png

We also had some A320/319 in that livery.

I had the great pleasure to be in THF two days in a row with GH. There was a big event...no idea what it really was...and there she was officially handed over from Airbus to our CEO Hunold.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry for hijacking your thread. It just brought up some nice memories. 

Alex

• Like 1

Hi ,

this is not really my department, but it looks wonderful!  Very good workmanship ! Love it!

The fanblades and the spinnercone with the little sickle is spot on. Wich engine is it, when I may ask?

Cheers Andy 

On 3/26/2022 at 1:37 PM, Andy Dyck said:

Hi ,

this is not really my department, but it looks wonderful!  Very good workmanship ! Love it!

The fanblades and the spinnercone with the little sickle is spot on. Wich engine is it, when I may ask?

Cheers Andy 

hey Andy, thx a lot! its a CFM56 engine!

On 3/25/2022 at 10:33 AM, Whirly said:

The paintjob is really top quality, very very nice result!

May I ask you which red paint you used to match so well the real subject?

MRP c010

C010.jpg?format=750w

On 3/26/2022 at 6:50 AM, coneheadff said:

Do you remember the livery we had in between? Old style logo/name with the new red...

spacer.png

spacer.png

We also had some A320/319 in that livery.

I had the great pleasure to be in THF two days in a row with GH. There was a big event...no idea what it really was...and there she was officially handed over from Airbus to our CEO Hunold.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry for hijacking your thread. It just brought up some nice memories. 

Alex

Haha nice! i have flown some of those Busses...

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 7:59 PM, Viking said:

Superb, I love the subtle weathering.

Cheers

John

haha yes we kept them clean most of the time...more or less. I tried to not overdo it

On 4/2/2022 at 4:56 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

Very nice job, like the scheme.

thanks! its also one of my favorite schemes

On 4/2/2022 at 1:47 AM, airdaniel said:

Really nice finish and lovely Bird!

Congrats for it!

thanks Daniel!

On 4/1/2022 at 9:00 PM, BerndM said:

Brilliant work and a lovely livery ( sadly now history )

yes, indeed. It was really a very sad time, but you cant change it.

• Like 1