Airfix 1/72nd Tempest V

Latest addition to the collection is the new Airfix tempest V. Quite a nice model I thought overall and goes together really well. The only issue I had was that the wing halves were a little tight. Soon remedied tho' with some some subtle sanding of the wheel well component parts.

As there's been a fair bit of discussion on here re this kit I thought I'd try to incorporate the lessons learned. Namely, a new set of wheels from Barracuda and the addition of the wing root bulge, which, I can only assume is applicable to this particular aircraft. I must admit I didn't bother with the fuselage fishplates as personally I can't see them on the photo (although I must admit the Eduard kit shows them fitted) and, anyway, they'd be so thin in 1/72nd if I do find out they should be there I'll just add them with some tiny pieces of Tamiya tape as even photo etch will be much too thick.

Another thing I noticed that were missing were the 2 clear navigation/ID lights at the trailing edges of the tail planes. I only noticed them as I was using the Eduard kit instructions as a reference ( so I can only assume they should be there?) Strange that they're cut out but there's no mention of adding any clear parts? No problem to add them from some tiny pieces of clear acetate but strange they're missing yet catered for.

I chose to build one of the kit offerings but changed the markings slightly using the Eduard instructions as a guide so as to incorporate the black and white ID stripes as shown in the photos of the actual aircraft.

Anyway, that's my attempt and thanks for looking.

51953319680_30a8c62a8e_b.jpgT1

51953319580_febab02c2d_b.jpgT2 

51953028944_b46e6939df_b.jpgT3 

51953028849_4c5ec683a8_b.jpgT4 

51951737492_90a8a437b5_b.jpgT5 

Edited by keithjs
grammer
  • Like 39

• 2 weeks later...